Traditional Britain Group
|Traditional Britain Group|
|Motto||Traditional Conservatives, Radical Thinking|
|Existence||2001 to present|
The Traditional Britain Group is a traditionalist radical conservative political organisation in the United Kingdom who see themselves as upholding the pre-liberal Toryism of the British conservative movement. Its President is The Lord Sudeley, Vice-Presidents are Gregory Lauder-Frost, Sam Swerling and Professor John Kersey. It also has numerous patrons and is run by a committee.
The Far-Left reported that "in 2017 the TBG affirmed its position as one of the most important off-line networking points for the far-right (sic) in the UK. The TBG will likely continue to grow and consolidate its place as the most important meeting point for the intellectual end of the far-right (sic) in the UK in 2018." This proved to be correct.
Despite the constant smears and attempts by the Liberal-Left to "isolate" the TBG it continues to attract speakers of the highest calibre.
- 1 Foundation & progress
- 2 Aims
- 3 Activities
- 4 Immigration
- 5 Leaving the EU
- 6 House of Lords
- 7 Other
- 8 Publications
- 9 Media and other attacks
- 10 Comment on the TBG
- 11 References
- 12 See also
- 13 External links
Foundation & progress
With the death of its Patron, General Sir Walter Walker, the Western Goals Institute in London was wound up, and its Vice-President, Gregory Lauder-Frost, also a former officer of the Conservative Monday Club, founded the Traditional Britain Group in 2001 to continue much of the old Club and the WGI's work in the UK. Following the winding up also of the Conservative Democratic Alliance in 2008, its leader, Michael Keith-Smith, wrote to members to advise their current membership was being transferred to the TBG. During this period a great many of the TBG's membership came from these two groups as well as from the old Conservative Monday Club. By 2010-11 the group had been reinvigorated by an infusion of young members, many of them undergraduates and new graduates. A new committee was formed and the Lord Sudeley became the group's new President, with a politics and history graduate from Newcastle-upon-Tyne University as Chairman. By the time this Chairman stood down, due to employment pressures, in October 2016, the Group had made steady progress, and forty percent of its growing membership is now under-35 years of age.
In 2016 the TBG also established friendship and co-operation links with the Italian group Rinnovamento nella Tradizione based in Rome, and also with with The Secker Society based in Albany, New York, who in 2016 published a new book by Professor Ron Dart entitled The North American High Tory Tradition, copies of which were donated to the TBG. The group have also established friendship links with the Alternative for Deutschland (AfD) party, one of the "big three" parties in the German Parliament, and with the Freedom Party (FPO) in Austria, which has recently been coalition partners in government there. Senior representatives from both these parties have addressed TBG conferences.
- (1) We believe in Britain and the indigenous British people, their heritage and customs, and a recognisable British identity.
- (2) We believe in a sovereign self-governing Britain and withdrawal from the European Union.
- (3) We reject all forms of foreign interference in our government.
- (4) We ask for an understanding and consciousness by all our people of their nation’s greatness, achievements, and glory.
- (5) We believe that the heterosexual family is the primary social unit.
- (6) We believe in authority, obedience and duty.
- (7) We believe in the spiritual values of life and of the respect that is owing to man.
- (8) We believe in the obligation of labour.
- (9) We believe in virtue and the sacred nature of Christianity and our Established Church.
- (10) We believe that our country is best served by our indigenous customs & traditions, its time-honoured hereditary principle and our monarchy.
- (11) We are opposed to mass immigration and favour humane and voluntary state-assisted repatriation to natural homelands
- (12) We seek the United Kingdom's withdrawal from the unworkable and outdated 1951 United Nations Refugee Convention.
- (13) We seek the United Kingdom's withdrawal from NATO, an American proxy military group.
- (14) We are opposed to internationalism and globalism.
- (15) We are opposed to communism, to socialism, to liberalism, to libertarianism, to anarchism.
- (16) We are opposed to the Class War.
- (17) We are opposed to Political Correctness.
- (18) We are opposed to those who acknowledge no country and no God.
- (19) We are against the purely materialist conception of life.
- (20) We are against all the great heresies of our age, because we have yet to be convinced that there is any part of the world where the liberty to propagate such heresies has been the cause of anything good.
The group's activities include occasional meetings, with invited speakers, on a range of topics, annual dinners with guest speakers, press releases, conferences, and for the first decade published an A4-size glossy colour newsletter. On Sunday September 22, 2002, numerous members including Gregory Lauder-Frost, Stuart Millson, Michael Keith-Smith, Jennifer Cameron, and Sam Swerling were in the TBG delegation in the great countryside "Liberty and Livelihood" march through central London opposing the Labour Party's Bill to ban foxhunting. From 2010 increased foxhunting activity was taking place despite the ban.
Formal Black-tie Annual Dinners at prestigious venues in London's West End had notable speakers, including, in 2003, Tony Martin, the cause célèbre Norfolk farmer, and in 2006 Simon Heffer, author, biographer of Enoch Powell, and political commentator (and at the time Associate Editor of The Daily Telegraph). Heffer had opposed the removal of hereditary peers from the House of Lords in 1999,saying the last thing the House of Lords needed was a mass of elected members. Both these dinners were held at Simpsons-in-the-Strand. Francis Fulford, author and member of the Landed Gentry with a large estate in Devon and a TV personality, was next, followed by Gerard Batten, a Member of the European Parliament for the United Kingdom Independence Party (Leader 2018-19), both held at the Charing Cross Hotel; Dr Frank Ellis, the controversial university lecturer and author of The Macpherson Report: 'Anti-racist' hysteria and the Sovietization of the United Kingdom (2001), and in May 2013 Jacob Rees-Mogg, Conservative Party Member of Parliament, who described his dinner on TV as "a perfectly polite affair", both held at the East India Club. That was followed on June 14, 2014 by another annual dinner triumph with Flemish parliamentarian Philip Claeys, the former MEP of the Vlaams Belang (formerly the Vlaams Blok) who made a superb and uplifting speech at the Charing Cross Hotel. Michael Cushman, M.A., the great expert on the culture of the Confederacy, and whose books are published by the USA Anglican Press, was due to address the Sept 2015 Dinner but was banned from entry to the UK, as he was about to board his plane, by Mrs Theresa May, Home Secretary, after she had accepted defamatory dossiers sent to her by Far-Left groups. Professor John Kersey took his place. The May 2016 Dinner was addressed by the Earl of Burford who made a rousing speech for traditionalism which received a standing ovation. The Earl is possibly best known for his 1999 protest in the House of Lords against the Labour Party's proposals to expel almost all of the hereditary peerage. Both these latter dinners were at the Royal Overseas League.
The 2017 Annual Dinner, held at the Army & Navy Club in St.James's, London, on May 20, was the largest dinner since 2006. Attendees were eager to meet and hear the guest-of-honour, Dr. Johannes Hübner, a member of the Austrian Parliament for the the Austrian Freedom Party (FPÖ) and their spokesman on Foreign Affairs, as well as being a practicing lawyer. The 2018 Annual Dinner was held back at the beautiful old Charing Cross Hotel on June 30th and was another TBG success. The guest-of-honour was 41 year-old Márton Gyöngyösi, MP and Leader of the Jobbik Party in the Hungarian Parliament (26 seats and the official opposition) of which party he is Executive Vice-President and Chairman of the Parliamentary Committee on Foreign Affairs. In his address he reminded the audience that Christianity was the basis of European civilisation. He stated of the TBG that "it is good to see that there is a community which resists intellectually and spiritually the decadence of our era."
The 2019 Annual Dinner on May 4th, was another huge success with a full dining room. The guest-of-honour was Christopher, 3rd Viscount Monckton of Brenchley, whose address was a detailed demolition of the current climate-change theology. A hate figure for the broad Left, who refer to him as "a serial climate-change denier". He was exceedingly well-received.
The group holds very successful annual all-day conferences with up to 160 (so far) attendees: in 2012 the theme was "Is there a future for tradition?" at the East India Club, and in 2013, in Mayfair, on "The Future of the Nation State". These attracted notable speakers, including Theodore Dalrymple, Peter Myers (Church Society), Dr. Peter King, Richard Spencer of the USA's National Policy Institute, Sean Gabb, the classicist Dr. Andrew Fear, economics Professor Stephen Bush, Alex Kurtagic, the Austrian Identitarian Marcus Willinger, who is considered one of the founding fathers of the political movement to which his Arktos 2013 book Generation Identity: A Declaration of War Against the '68ers gave its name, followed by Professor John Kersey who was then invited to join Gregory Lauder-Frost and Christopher Gillibrand as one of the group's Vice-Presidents.)
On Saturday March 8, 2014 the Group held an all-afternoon Seminar, in Mayfair, London, for 60 of its members. This took the form of discussion tracks, each with a leader who would introduce their own new topic every hour. After the introduction by the leader those attending that particular session could put forward their comments on the issue under discussion. It was a huge success. The 2014 Annual all-day Conference at London's Grosvenor Hotel was another success with speakers Sam Swerling, Christopher Gillibrand, Godfrey Bloom (the former UKIP MEP), barrister Adrian Davies, Keir Martland, Professor Tomislav Sunic, & Professor John Kersey, with Gregory Lauder-Frost winding up. These speeches are usually filmed and, with copies of the addresses, can be found on their website www.traditionalbritain.org
The 2015 Annual Conference in Mayfair, with 90 attendees, was another triumph for the Group, with the following speakers taking part: John Morgan, Editor-in-Chief of Arktos Books; Stuart Millson on the 'Meaning of English nationhood'; Professor John Kersey on 'Education: reasserting our culture and values'; Quinlan Terry, C.B.E., "Britain's greatest living architect" and "the single most distinguished and prolific architect at work in the Classical tradition in the UK" who demolished the falsehoods of the modernist school of architecture; Political commentator, writer and columnist Theodore Dalrymple (Anthony Daniels), whose books include Our Culture, What's Left of It; Commander Paul Fisher R.N (Rtd) from the United Kingdom National Defence Association, on the parlous state of our armed forces; the Reverend Dr. Peter Mullen traditionalist Anglican priest, columnist and writer, who attacked some of the church's current heresies; and Sean Gabb, leader of the Libertarian Alliance, on 'the surveillance state'.
Professor Ricardo Duchesne flew in from Canada to address the TBG at their 2016 conference at the Royal Overseas League. His book, Faustian Man in an Age of Multiculturalism - a study of the importance of race in the historical identification of Western civilization from prehistoric to contemporary times, had just been published by Arktos. His address to the conference was entitled "Why and when did Western Nations decide to Become Multiracial Places?" Other speakers included Stuart Millson on "Why Brexit was Necessary", Dr. Selby Whittingham, a renowned art expert, especially on Turner, spoke on "The importance of art to our heritage, culture and identity", David Keighley, a former BBC news producer, BBC PR executive and head of corporate relations for TV-am, and now Director of News-watch, which has painstakingly monitored the BBC for the past 17 years, spoke on BBC bias. Isac Boman, a young Swedish economist, gave an address based upon his book: Money Power - A Force for Freedom or Slavery?; and Matteo Luini, International Relations Officer for Italy's Rinnovamento nella Tradizione, addressed the conference on what they see as the way forward, concentrating on the historical and cultural roots across Europe.
The annual conference on 21 October 2017 at the Chesterfield Hotel in Mayfair featured the well-known conservative author, critic and polemicist Alexander Boot, who spoke on "How modernity is destroying our political culture"; the author of six books and former university lecturer in Russian and Slavonic studies, Dr. Frank Ellis, spoke on "The relationship between Russia and the West today"; Bjørn Christian Rødal, Vice-president of the newly-formed Norwegian party "The Alliance" (Alliansen) spoke about his party and on how nationalists and anti-globalists can move forward; the Director of Sharia Watch UK, Anne Marie Waters, who was runner-up in the 2017 UKIP leadership contest, and who has now founded a new party "For Britain", addressed the conference on the UK's hopeless Muslim immigration scenario, including the mutilation of young girls by Muslims, the mass rapes, and the way the liberal-left were clamping down on free speech; the Rev. Dr. Peter Mullen returned to the TBG conference addressing it on the subject of "Has the Church of England A Future?" in which he outlined how the liberal-left had gradually infiltrated and taken over church structures over a period of decades. The last speaker in 2017's conference was the very active young Austrian campaigner Martin Sellner, a leader of the growing European grouping Generation Identity, on their absolute opposition to non-European immigration into all European countries and urging everyone to join them in opposing the destruction of our nations by unrepresentative liberal-left politicians. GI has raised considerable sums of money enabling them to charter a substantial small ship which is now in the Mediterranean Sea intercepting the vessels owned by Left-wing charities who are deliberately aiding thousands of illegal immigrants to come to Europe. All speakers took lively questions, and the conference was an outstanding success with 134 attendees.
The 2018 annual conference in central London was an outstanding success, with 156 attendees, despite the attempts of the Far-Left to wreck it, notably a Daily Record journalist and the Oxford Student Publications group, who in their efforts to attack and demonise two of the academic speakers forced them to withdraw, one at only 48 hours notice. One told the TBG his family had been threatened. This kind of Stalinist totalitarianism by the Far-Left should be seen for what it is: an attack upon free speech, freedom of discussion and debate. The TBG were nevertheless able to replace them with equal substitutes: Professor John Kersey, who spoke on how The Left now had full control of our educational institutions - our enemies are 'teaching' (indoctrinating) our children, and Richard Lynn, the world-renowned Professor of Psychology who has written eleven books and more than 200 journal essays spanning five decades. Professor Lynn addressed the conference on "The decline of IQs and intelligence in Europe" due to alien immigration from the Third World. He predicted this decline would continue. The other speakers were the popular investigative journalist Katie Hopkins, who since January has been active with The Rebel Media, and who is under permanent attack by the broad Left. Her talk was on 'The Fight for Western Culture'. She was followed by the outspoken former UKIP Member of the European Parliament (MEP), Janice Atkinson, who now sits as an Independent MEP for South-east England. She spoke on 'The EU, the ENF Fightback and the Migrant Crisis'. Both touched upon a number of crucial other issues as well as the activities of the Far-Left to close down all who fail to follow the media and the establishment's doctrinaire and politically correct position on all things. In the afternoon session the conference was addressed by Herr Armin-Paulus Hampel, member of the German Parliament (Bundestag) for the Alternative fur Deutschland (AfD) party, today the second largest party in Germany, and their spokesman on foreign affairs, and Dr. Johannes Hubner, the Austrian Freedom Party's (FPO) legal spokesman and their former spokesman on foreign affairs in the Austrian parliament. The FPO was one of the two-party coalition government of Austria until late May 2019, when it withdrew. Both men received much applause as they outlined the story of the rise of their parties and what they stand for, and the new sense of national patriotism now sweeping the continent. They gave some insights into the drastic alien immigration situation faced by their countries and what their parties are proposing should be done if civilisation in those countries is to be rescued and preserved. Sam Swerling gave a shorter speech, an over-view of the seemingly hopeless scenario surrounding BREXIT and the ineptitude of the fake Conservative Party and their leader.
The 2019 Annual Conference took place in central London on October 19th with 160 attendees including a record number of TBG Patrons. The Lord Sudeley was in the Chair. Addressing it were Gustav Kasselstrand (32) and Erik Berglund from the Alternative for Sweden (AfS) Party. Both urged us to continue to stand up and fight against the Liberal-Left and Political Correctness which threaten every aspect of our freedom and our society. They were followed by Krysztof Bosak (37) re-elected into the Polish Parliament the previous week with a majority of 22,158 votes. He is one of the leaders of the Confederation of Freedom and Independence, part of the National Movement, whose leader Robert Winnicki has stated "The European Union "wants to build a world without the family, without God,and without nations. We don't want such a world.". Next was John Laughland the well-known conservative academic and author who writes on international affairs and political philosophy. He spoke on Russia and Russophobia. Following luncheon Edward Dutton (39) the famous anthropologist and editor of The Mankind Quarterly, addressed the conference on several issues including the subject of his latest book Race Differences in Ethno-Centrism. He urged the conference to never forget that Britain and Europe led the entire world in genius and inventions. He was followed by Martin Helme (43) who was from March 2015 to April 2019 the leader of the parliamentary group of the national Conservative Peoples' Party in Estonia and is now the Finance Minister in the Estonian Government. He is possibly most famous for his speech where he proclaimed it was his intention to Keep Estonia White. He is completely opposed to non-European immigration into our European homelands and told the conference never to apologise for saying what is truthful and right. Next was Bernhard Zimniok, the Alternative fur Deutschland (AfD) Member of the European Parliament who served 15 years in the German Army and was sometime attached to the German embassies in Damascus and Islamabad. He addressed the very serious issues of alien immigration into Germany and Europe. Last was Catherine Blaiklock, founder and the first leader of the Brexit Party, established in January 2019 to support a no-deal Brexit. She was asked to resign as leader in March after being accused of making anti-Islamic and so-called "racist" statements on-line. She was a former Economics spokeswoman for the UK Independence Party.
The UK Government's coronavirus pandemic regulations meant zero activities for the TBG in 2020 apart from the internet.
On Friday, February 20, 2015, the TBG held a packed evening meeting in central London, which was addressed by the famous author of over 35 books, the philosopher Professor Sir Roger Scruton, on the subject of what England really means to him. The Lord Sudeley, the TBG's President, presided. A raffle took place with several of Professor Scruton's books as signed prizes. (Sadly, Sir Roger Scruton died from cancer on 12 January 2020.)
On 27 June 2017, after the committee entertained the guest at a private luncheon, the Group held another packed meeting in central London, which was addressed by Professor Dr. Bruno Gollnisch, a Member of the European Parliament for France's Front National party. He praised Britain's referendum result to leave the EU and remarked that everyone in Brussels was stunned when the result was announced. He felt nation-states needed to reassert themselves, and warned against the tidal wave of alien immigration threatening to destroy Europe.
The TBG has from inception supported the Conservative Party's 1970 General Election Manifesto pledge to halt alien immigration and to encourage voluntary repatriation with State assistance. The TBG believes this is more relevant than ever today.
The Group has consistently opposed alien immigration into the United Kingdom and Europe, and on 3rd August 2015 called upon the conservative government to resign over this issue. The following Press Release was widely circulated and appeared also on their website:
- The Traditional Britain Group calls upon the government to resign: With the complete and utter chaos at Calais, it is reported today by Kent's Chief Constable, Alan Pughsley, that 7 out of 10 aliens make it through the channel tunnel and hundreds a month successfully arrive from Calais, that they know of. The fake Conservative Party government has demonstrated its crass ineptitude and impotence when it comes to immigration, which it pledged to reduce. In fact numbers continue to increase (over 318,000 net per annum) with no end in sight and no realistic solutions. On this, the most important and crucial issue facing the British nation and its future, the government should resign.
On 4th June 2017 the TBG issued the following Press Statement:
- The Traditional Britain Group condemns the continuing Muslim terrorist attacks against the British people, and calls upon the UK Government to halt all entry to our country for Muslims forthwith, and to begin immediately stripping known extremists already in the country of any UK citizenships and deporting them all to their natural homelands. Action not words is what our people want. No more platitudes.
In October 2018 the Prime Minister of the Czech Republic, Andrej Babiš, called for 700,000 non-European aliens in Europe to be sent home.  In January 2019 the Hungarian Prime Minister, Viktor Orban, called for more anti-immigration politicians in Europe before it is too late.
On 15th February 2019, amidst the furore over Islamic militants "returning" to Britain after fighting in Syria and Iraq, the TBG asked:
- WHY are the UK and European governments not handing over all these "returning" ISIS and other terrorists to President Assad and the legal legitimate government of Syria, whose country they destroyed, murdering hundreds of thousands of people? How has this not been addressed?
Following the Islamic terrorist attacks on Christians in Sri Lanka (Ceylon) murdering 359 men women and children in April 2019 the TBG made the following statement:
- Our politicians in the UK and Europe betray everyone when they pronounce that allowing Muslims to settle in European countries is acceptable when every year there are Muslim terrorist attacks against Europeans and Christians. We are not compatible. Assimilation/integration is a joke. Our politicians need to act.
- In the UK alone in July 2005 four Islamic terrorists separately detonated three bombs in quick succession aboard London Underground trains across the city and, later, a fourth on a double-decker bus. Fifty-two people, all UK residents, were killed, and more than 700 were injured in the attacks, making it Britain's deadliest terrorist incident since the 1988 bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, killing all 243 passengers and 16 crew. Then there was the Islamic terrorist bombing in Manchester on 22 May 2017 when 23 innocents, mostly young girls, were murdered and 139 wounded. Our politicians cannot go on sweeping these events under the carpet.
On 20th July 2019 in a mainstream article on real conservatism being under threat, Professor Sir Roger Scruton wrote, citing his former colleague the late Professor Norman Stone, stated "National identity is of the first importance", something the TBG adheres to completely.
Leaving the EU
The TBG supports a 100% Brexit. On 23 June 2017, during government discussions over Brexit, "the Traditional Britain Group called upon the British Government not to simply afford a Right to Stay to any EU citizen once Britain leaves the EU. For instance, those EU citizens who have been here, even for five years, who have spent much, most, or all of that time in social or local government housing and on State Benefits should be asked to return to their native countries. Our people should not be supporting millions of aliens." Interestingly this is an echo of the famous UK Conservative Home Secretary (1924-1929), Sir William Joynson-Hicks, Bt., who campaigned against "undesireable aliens" and "socialists from Eastern Europe".
House of Lords
The TBG has consistently argued against the Labour Party's destruction of the UK's thousand year-old constitution and institutions. (In 1991 The Lord Sudeley, now the TBG's President, wrote a booklet for the Monday Club entitled The Preservation of the House of Lords. Sir John Stokes, M.P., wrote an effusive Foreword.) In particular the TBG support the pre-1999 status quo of the House of Lords, and one of their Annual Dinner speakers, Simon Heffer, had opposed the removal of hereditary peers from the House of Lords in 1999,.
On 30th June 2017 the TBG made the following media statement:
"If the present Conservative Party is really conservative, then the Traditional Britain Group calls upon it to repeal Labour's Class War Bill of 1999 and restore the hereditary peerage to Their House, with no more Life Peers for 20 years."
On the 28th September 2018 The Lord Sudeley published his new book Peers Through the Mists of Time on the House of Lords ending with a clarion call for the sanctity and respect our constitution deserves and the restitution of the pre-1999 House. Several TBG officers were at the book launch at Brooks's Club, St.James, London.
On 20th January 2020 the TBG made the following statement:
"Repeal Blair's 1999 House of Lords Bill, and restore the status quo; no more Life Peers for 20 years, and a review of those created in the past 20 years with a view to cancelling some. This is the best constitutional way forward. Very simple. Show the world that socialism will not win, that our heritage will triumph. Be radical. Blair was."
Following the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development's announcement that the UK state pension is the worst in the developed world, the TBG called for the Welfare State to be drastically reformed, with no benefits of any kind to aliens for a start, so that this shame can be rectified.
Feminism & PC
The TBG has consistently opposed feminism, the "Sovietisation" and defeminisation of women. It is opposed to women in the military unless as auxiliaries. Essentially it firmly supports a patriarchal traditional society. It is 100% opposed to all forms of Political Correctness, to Hate Speech legislation, and to pandering to minorities of whatever description.
- Of all the tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive....Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own consciences. ~ C.S.Lewis.
- We now have a judiciary enforcing evil Politically Correct legislation introduced by socialist administrations designed to control free speech and silence discussion, a direct contravention of Article 19 of the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights, to which the UK is a signatory. It appears the judiciary are content to serve this form of totalitarianism just as the judiciary served the National Socialist and Communist governments in Germany and Russia. I see no difference. ~ Gregory Lauder-Frost.
On 9 February 2019 the TBG attacked the UK's fake Conservative Government who announced England & Wales will introduce no-fault divorce in the next parliament. The TBG said:
- No-fault legislation is an outrage and a serious error of judgement and was first proposed by Blair and his socialists. Marriage should not be something you can switch on and off like an electric light switch. If so, it has no meaning whatsoever. Of course someone is normally to blame. The present system, however, already offers a partial no-fault scenario by the agreed separation rules. We hope to hear from the Christian community on this!
On Friday 15th March 2019 the TBG made the following press statement:
- The Traditional Britain Group condemns all violence, but the New Zealand murders by a single extreme individual acting entirely alone should not now be used by the Liberal-Left to brand all normal real conservatives opposed to Islamic terrorism and immigration as "far-right extremists".
Gregory Lauder-Frost and committee member Andrew Moffat represented the TBG at the AfD conference on Preserving European Civilisation, Culture, and Values in Berlin on 1st, 2nd & 3rd April 2019 incl., which included delegates from across Europe. The TBG believes that civilisation, as we know it, is European. This position was reinforced by the address given by Edward Dutton at the 2019 TBG Annual Conference.
The TBG is opposed to all forms of international government and believes Britain would be better off out of the United Nations. In particular it loathes organisations such as UNESCO which Margaret Thatcher withdrew the UK from. Sadly the socialists had the UK readmitted to UNESCO, a retrograde step which the fake Conservative Party failed to address.
Multiculturalism in advertising
The TBG is opposed to multiculturalism and multiracialism and to its promotion by the Liberal-Left elites as normal and desireable.
In November 2019 the TBG Committee made a formal complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority that according to the government's own statistics almost nine out of ten people in the United Kingdom are Caucasian/White and that should be reflected in all UK advertising otherwise the scenario being presented is misleading, dishonest, untrue & illegal. In particular they pointed to the number of negroes in ads when they constituted only 3% of the population and said it was "absurd".
With the announcement of the resignation of Theresa May as Prime Minister of the UK, the TBG made a statement on social media which said: "This truly awful liberal was a disaster as Home Secretary and a disaster as Prime Minister. No more petticoat politicians in these posts."
Prosecutors and judges across the UK are now pursuing good people using politically correct legislation implemented in the past 25 years (i.e: since and under Tony Blair's government). This legislation is so all-embracing that once they target you it is virtually impossible to defend yourself (if you can actually locate a solicitor to do this for you). The TBG condemns this slide of the judiciary into the service of Stalinist political correctness. We saw in the Soviet Union and National Socialist Germany how the judiciary became political tools of the government. Justice did not enter into matters. Is this going to be the case in Britain now?
Website & Facebook
The TBG has a prominent website which contains reports of meetings and a catalogue of essays and articles. It also has a blog, an on-line journal, and video links to/of speeches made at its functions. The Group maintains extremely active and popular (millions of visitors monthly) Facebook pages (with links to Twitter) where anyone visiting the pages may comment upon issues raised or highlighted there, many of which are highly contentious.
Until 2008, the TBG produced an irregular A4 glossy, colour newsletter which was widely distributed with legal deposit copies lodged with the British Library. The first using this title was published by the old Western Goals Institute in Spring 2000, called Traditional Britain - "a political briefing and campaign paper for conservatives". The leading essay, entitled "Why Labour Rules" said that Labour was creating a one-party state and that the Conservative Party had let it happen. Stuart Millson's article "Enough is Enough" attacked the plan to build one million new houses on green land in southern England, and John Scholey's article on "Immigration" said it was "the biggest issue facing Britain." A 'Special General Election Edition' was published in June 2001, the front page headline being "New Labour: A Disgrace to Britain" under the pen of Millson. Other articles included the "MacPherson Report Condemned", and one by Gregory Lauder-Frost on "National Identity", when he prophesised "within 20 years Britain's capital city will have a majority non-British population". This has come true.
The Spring edition 2002 carried the banner headline "The End of the Tory Party" where same-sex marriage, abolition of The Lords, the party's commitment to a multicultural society were assailed, and the party's recent record condemned. Page three was occupied by an article on "Identity and Britishness", followed up by articles on "Messages from occupied Europe" and "The BBC - an employment service for leftists." Their Autumn 2002 edition carried a front page essay by Lauder-Frost "The Tragedy of Conservatism Today" and an article on page two on the French Presidential elections entitled "Le Pen - The Real Winner." An announcement was made urging members to join the TBG contingent who were joining the Countryside March on 22nd September that year. The Summer 2003 edition carried an attack on the Fabian Society by Lauder-Frost, an article by Millson on the EU Constitution urging patriots to "Wake Up!"; a splendid obituary of Sir John Stokes, M.P.; a brilliant essay by Oxford graduate Hadrian Wise "Putting Science in its Place" and an article by Millson again attacking John Prescott's proposals "to turn the countryside into a giant housing estate!".
The Winter 2005-06 edition carried a front-page article by Millson asking "What has Happened to our Country" addressing Islamic terrorists, open borders, a hopeless education system, British identity, and the future. Page 2 had a reprint of Lauder-Frost's letter on behalf of the TBG, published in the Daily Telegraph (with omissions) on 4th October, opposing Turkey's membership of the EU. He continued on the following page with an essay entitled "Lest We Forget", asking why Communists were always excused their crimes, and why they were always appeased by the West. Another article also appeared by Hadrian Wise entitled "Breeding Philistines" in which he pointed out that many pupils he tutored said the only 'Homer' they know of is Homer Simpson.
The Newsletter has been replaced by the website blog and an occasional on-line journal which is circulated to members.
Media and other attacks
The Lawrence Affair
On 8th August 2013 Gregory Lauder-Frost was invited to appear on BBC TV's "Newsnight" programme (preceded by a BBC smear interview about the TBG with the infamous communist Gerry Gable, editor of Searchlight 'anti-fascist' magazine), over a media furore because the TBG had opposed the Labour Party's nomination of Doreen Lawrence, President of the violent Trotskyist terror group Unite Against Fascism, for a Life Peerage. In addition he had supported the 1970 Conservative Party's General Election Manifesto pledge to halt mass immigration and to actively encourage immigrants to voluntarily return to their natural homelands. The BBC in this programme attempted to virtually proscribe the TBG as being "far-right", ignoring the fact that the TBG were being basically traditional conservatives. The following day he was aggressively interviewed by the Jewish journalist Vanessa Feltz on the BBC's Radio 5 Live programme whose overt disgust at GLF/TBG's line was obvious. The BBC TV also interviewed the group's May Annual Dinner guest, Jacob Rees-Mogg, M.P., who praised Mrs Lawrence as "a wonderful woman" and who adopted immediately the liberal-left media's condemnatory approach distancing himself from the TBG, something which was entirely unnecessary and which, one committee member said, "demonstrated that he was just another liberal in a party of fake conservatives". However in October 2019 Mrs Lawrence demonstrated her own racism and that she was unfit for public service when she stated that the fire services would have rescued more people from the Grenfell Tower fire if they had been white.
On 15th October 2019 the TBG made the following Statement on social media:
- The BBC has demonstrated its Far-Left credentials and agendas over the decades, and more recently with its obsessive anti-Brexit campaign, that it is a seriously subversive and seditious institution. The Traditional Britain Group calls upon the government to engage in radical action to cleanse the BBC of all those involved, at all levels, even if it means closing down for a period to permit recruitment of new non-Left staff.
On 31st January 2018 the Far-Left "Daily Mirror" in collusion with Hate not Hope (sic) published an attack upon Lauder-Frost saying he made a "vile racist rant" against Doreen Lawrence calling her a nigger. Lauder-Frost immediately launched a complaint saying this was a lie, and that he had never "ranted" in his life. It took the "Daily Mirror" seven entire months to publish a retraction in tiny print on page two in their newspaper dated 5th September in which they accepted that they had been misinformed and that Lauder-Frost had not used the word. They nevertheless left their headline up on-line.
On the 5th September 2018 the TBG called for a Press Regulatory body to have a balanced make-up devoid of media involvement. It attacked the old Press Complaints Commission and its replacement body, IPSO, as being run by similar bunches of Leftists who collude with newspapers. It said that 95% of the population could not afford to enter a court suing for libel and defamation and that unless we had a robust non-left regulatory body the "filth" the newspapers churn out destroying people's reputations would continue.
The Communist groups Searchlight 'Anti-Fascist' magazine and those in the "Hope not Hate" group who split several years ago from Searchlight continue to describe the Traditional Britain Group in the most extreme slanders they can manufacture.
Comment on the TBG
"When John Morgan pinned the term 'radical' to the TBG in his recent lecture to the group, many members of the audience, particularly the older ones (Sam Swerling etc.) took some issue with this, disapproving of the use of this term in relation to traditionalism, conservatism and the TBG. This is in large part because radical is synonymous with 'departure from tradition; innovative or progressive', meanwhile, the TBG is composed of reactionaries; indeed, Gregory Lauder-Frost himself notes that no thought that the TBG endorses could be considered 'radical' and that they are only presenting a view that than 50 years ago was considered the standard political line of the Conservative Party." ~ Jakub Jankowski on Facebook, 26 August 2016.
- "It is good to see that there is a community which resists intellectually and spiritually the decadence of our era." ~ Márton Gyöngyösi, Hungarian Member of Parliament following the TBG Annual Dinner he attended.
- "Many people in Britain feel that Members of Parliament should be able to speak to all sorts of groups without necessarily endorsing their views." ~ Ben Page from Ipsos-MORI on BBC Newsnight 8 August 2013, after the media attacked Jacob Rees-Mogg M.P. for addressing the TBG.
- The Guardian, Obituary, 14 August 2001
- CDA Bulletin, Winter 2008
- The CDA had advertised in the Traditional Britain newsletter in Summer 2003 for new CDA members.
- ISBN 978-0-9963248-3-0
- First mentioned in the Western Goals Political Briefing & Campaign Paper for Conservatives January 1998, p.4.
- Traditional Britain newsletter, Summer edition, 2003, p.2.
- The Daily Telegraph, 9 February 2006, p.22.
- Traditional Britain newsletter, Winter edition, 2005-06, p.2.
- The last thing the House of Lords needs is a mass of elected members, 18 January 2011
- Fulford, Francis, Bearing Up: The Long View, London, 2004, ISBN: 1-85725-203-9
- The Daily Telegraph, April 24, 2010, p.26.
- The TBG had "condemned" the Macpherson Report in their Traditional Britain newsletter, June 2001, p.2-3.
- BBC 'Newsnight', August 8, 2013.
- Gillibrand resigned at the beginning of April 2015 after left-wing media attacks upon him for being associated with the TBG.
- citing Professor Roger Scruton
- Professor David Watkin in Radical Classicism: The Architecture of Quinlan terry (2006).
- Published by Arktos Media in August 2016
- The Oxford English Dictionary definition of an alien is 'someone who does not belong'.
- Blythe, Ronald, The Age of Illusion - England 1919-1940, Faber, London, 1963/2010, p.33. ISBN 978-0-571-26035-5
- Sutherland, Keith, editor, The Rape of the Constitution?, Imprint Academic, UK, 2000.
- Sudeley, The Rt.Hon. The Lord, The Preservation of the House of Lords, The Monday Club, 1991.
- The last thing the House of Lords needs is a mass of elected members, 18 January 2011
- ISBN 978-164316003-0
- Prophesy comes true: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2281941/600-000-decade-white-flight-London-White-Britons-minority-capital.html
- See also http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Lawrence_affair
- Enoch Powell — conservative figure with whom the TGB shares many views.
- Alan Clark — conservative Member of Parliament, historian & former Monday Club member, with whom the TGB share many views.
- Sam Swerling - TBG Vice-President and campaigner for traditional Toryism.
- Official Website at TraditionalBritain.org
- Traditional Britain Group at Facebook
- Traditional Britain Group at Twitter
- Traditional Britain Group at YouTube