Twitter is a corporation and social networking service where people share brief status updates.
Censorship of Twitter occurs in many countries and is approved of and supported by Twitter.
In 2016 Twitter was criticized for censoring conservatives or more specifically that "on closer inspection it appears that Twitter’s war on free speech is directed at a specific generation of libertarians and alternative conservative voices, many of whom are vocal and enthusiastic supporters of Donald Trump."
In 2016 Twitter unveiled a "Trust and Safety Council" which included many controversial organizations.
"In the latest undercover Project Veritas video investigation, current and former Twitter employees are on camera explaining steps the social media giant is taking to censor political content that they don’t like. [...] “One strategy is to shadow ban so you have ultimate control. The idea of a shadow ban is that you ban someone but they don’t know they’ve been banned, because they keep posting and no one sees their content. So they just think that no one is engaging with their content, when in reality, no one is seeing it.” [...] more left-leaning content would go through their selection process with less political scrutiny [...] thiis selection process wasn’t exactly Twitter policy, but rather they were following unwritten rules from the top: “A lot of unwritten rules, and being that we’re in San Francisco, we’re in California, very liberal, a very blue state. You had to be… I mean as a company you can’t really say it because it would make you look bad, but behind closed doors are lots of rules.” [...] details how the shadow-banning algorithms targeting right-leaning are engineered: "Yeah you look for Trump, or America, and you have like five thousand keywords to describe a redneck. Then you look and parse all the messages, all the pictures, and then you look for stuff that matches that stuff.” When asked if the majority of the algorithms are targeted against conservative or liberal users of Twitter, Singh said, “I would say majority of it are for Republicans.”"
- Tweets about Metapedia on Twitter
- Censorship of Twitter https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_of_Twitter
- Twitter Is Gearing Up To Interfere In The Election http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/02/12/twitter-gearing-interfere-election/
- Twitter’s Attempt to Silence Generation Trump http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/02/08/twitters-attempt-to-silence-generation-trump/
- EXCLUSIVE: Twitter Shadowbanning ‘Real and Happening Every Day’ Says Inside Source http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/02/16/exclusive-twitter-shadowbanning-is-real-say-inside-sources/
- Twitter Unveils New ‘Trust and Safety Council’ Featuring Feminist Frequency http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/02/09/twitter-unveils-new-trust-and-safety-council-featuring-feminist-frequency/
- Twitter Initiates Mass Purge Of Prominent Alt-Right Accounts Following Trump Victory http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/15/twitter-initiates-mass-purge-of-alt-right-accounts-following-trump-victory/
- Undercover Video: Twitter Engineers to “Ban a Way of Talking” Through “Shadow Banning,” Algorithms to Censor Opposing Political Opinions https://www.amren.com/news/2018/01/undercover-video-twitter-engineers-ban-way-talking-shadow-banning-algorithms-censor-opposing-political-opinions/