|Metapedia Fundraiser 2018: The Internet is the foremost field in the metapolitical battle of our time. Help us hold down the front.|
|Timelines and alleged origins|
support Holocaust revisionism
|Alleged important evidence|
words and Holocaust revisionism
|Holocaust revisionist websites|
to hide the Holocaust
The Holocaust is according to politically correct history a deliberate genocide by National Socialist Germany in which approximately six million Jews were killed. In addition, some non-Jewish groups claimed to have been killed by similar methods are sometimes included. Holocaust revisionists dispute that this deliberate genocide occurred.
Very briefly, most Holocaust revisionists argue that Jews were for several different reasons deported to concentration camps and used for forced labor, suffered many hardships and deaths during the war, but that there was no plan or attempt to genocide Jews, no homicidal gas chambers, and that the number of deaths is greatly exaggerated. The deportation is argued to have been seen as a temporary wartime measure, with a permanent Jewish expulsion from Europe to occur after the war. A primary cause of the politically correct view is argued to be wartime Allied psychological warfare, which was continued into the postwar period, in part due to this being beneficial for various parties (both non-Jewish and Jewish), in part due to self-perpetuating processes similar to those occurring during witch-hunts.
Related issues include argued continued exploitation of the Holocaust, argued Holocaust uniqueness, argued religious aspects, and the status of the official Holocaust version as an official "Truth" that is in an increasing number of Western countries by law forbidden to be discussed and researched freely and with powerful lobby groups demanding that worldwide censorship on free speech and research must be implemented.
The politically correct view on the Holocaust can be found in numerous easily available sources. This article will mainly briefly outline some of the less often mentioned arguments regarding the Holocaust, which are discussed in more detail in other articles.
Various aspects related to the Holocaust have sometimes been compared with a religion. The term Holocaustianity has been used for phenomenon.
The Holocaust vs. other claimed large scale killings
The Holocaust is often described as a unique event, as implied by the term "The Holocaust". The book The Holocaust Industry stated that one reason that this is seen as very important is because "unique suffering confers unique entitlement." The uniqueness claim may also be an important part of Holocaustianity. Even if accepting the politically correct description as correct, then this uniqueness claim is still dubious. There are many large scale killings (real or claimed) throughout human history (including by Jews).
See the article on Holocaust uniqueness.
Argued reasons for the German deportations/camps and argued exploitation by others
Various groups are argued to have exploited the politically correct Holocaust version. Some of these arguments accept the politically correct version as correct, but still argue that it has been used for exploitation.
Other exploitation arguments rely on the revisionist version of what happened. Revisionists also argue that such exploitation by various groups is the main explanation for why the politically correct version appeared and continues to be influential.
See the article on Holocaust motivations regarding more details.
What revisionists do not argue
The Holocaust revisionist Germar Rudolf has stated that "Most people have misconceptions about what Holocaust revisionists (frequently pejoratively labeled as “Holocaust deniers” or “negationists”) claim and what they do not claim. This is caused by disinformation spread by the mass media, some of it due to journalists innocently yet irresponsibly copying from others, some of it spread with malicious intend. The brief list below is meant to give you a brief overview as to what we revisionists say and what we do not say. [...] Not all revisionist scholars might agree with all the points listed, but in general the broad consensus among us does probably look like this:"
|They deny that Jews were persecuted||Wrong They do not deny this|
|They deny that Jews were deprived of civil rights||Wrong They do not deny this|
|They deny that Jews were deported||Wrong They do not deny this|
|They deny the Jews were herded into ghettos||Wrong They do not deny this|
|They deny the existence of concentration camps||Wrong They do not deny this|
|They deny that Jews were put to forced labor||Wrong They do not deny this|
|They deny the existence of crematoria in concentration camps||Wrong They do not deny this|
|They deny that Jews died for a great number of reasons: epidemics, malnutrition, diseases, mistreatment||Wrong They do not deny this|
|They deny that other minorities were also persecuted as well, such as gypsies and political dissenters||Wrong They do not deny this|
|They deny that the treatment of the Jews was unjust||Wrong They do not deny this|
|They deny the victims their dignity||Wrong They do not deny this|
|They deny the victims to be remembered||Wrong They do not deny this|
|They deny to show compassion for the victims||Wrong They do not deny this|
|They deny that there was a plan to murder all Jews||Correct This is what they claim|
|They deny that Jews were murdered systematically||Correct This is what they claim|
|They deny the existence of gas chambers for mass murder||Correct This is what they claim|
|They deny that six million Jews died in the Holocaust||Correct This is what they claim|
Many earlier Holocaust claims have been admitted to be incorrect
Revisionists argue that many earlier Holocaust claims, which were presented as definite truths, have later been admitted to be incorrect. This is often unknown to general public. For example:
- See Holocaust testimonial evidence and the section "Admitted false confessors and witnesses" on this topic.
- See Holocaust demographics on many earlier clams regarding numbers killed for different groups and/or at different locations having been greatly reduced.
- See Western Holocaust camps on changing claims regarding these camps, such as these camps no longer claimed to have been "extermination camps" and now abandoned claims of production of human skin artifacts, such as lampshades.
- See Belzec, Sobibor, and Treblinka camps on changing claims regarding these camps, such as now abandoned claims of steam killings at Treblinka, despite supposedly being "confirmed" by an official investigation.
- See Human soap on changing claims regarding this.
- See Allied psychological warfare on aspects such as now admitted false propaganda claims by the Allies on German atrocities during the First World War.
- See the Nuremberg trials regarding now admitted use of torture in order to get confessions, false reports by commissions, and admitted document forgeries.
- See Extraordinary State Commission on many now admitted false claims by this important Soviet organization.
Holocaust revisionists have argued that many of these claims were abandoned only reluctantly, after criticisms and due to these claims not being seen as absolutely essential for the genocidal claims. However, revisionists have argued, for example, that the Western Holocaust camps are no longer claimed to have been extermination camps, but that the earlier cited but now discredited "evidence" for extermination camps existing in western areas were not qualitatively different from the still cited claimed evidence for extermination camps existing in Poland.
The revisionist Thomas Kues has argued that the change regarding the Western Holocaust camps was due to criticisms by Holocaust revisionists and that "This shows that Holocaust historians were aware of the revisionists already from the start, and that by 1960 they had already adopted the strategy of discreetly cutting out the most untenable parts of the gas chamber mythos (without even for a moment considering the evidential foundation of the remainder) while avoiding naming the revisionists whose writings made these tactical retreats necessary."
Hierarchy of evidence
Revisionists argue that in courts, there is a generally agreed on hierarchy regarding how valuable different forms of evidence are, with the most valuable mentioned first in the list below:
- Material evidence (for example, gas chambers, corpses). See Holocaust material evidence.
- Documentary evidence (for example, National Socialist documents). See Holocaust documentary evidence.
- Party testimony (for example, "Holocaust survivor" statements and trial "confessions"). See Holocaust testimonial evidence.
The evidence argued to support the non-revisionist version is argued to mostly consist of the weakest form of evidence (party testimony).
Revisionists have argued that some mainstream historians have in effect admitted that the evidence supporting the politically correct version is very weak.
The Holocaust is in many Western countries an official "Truth" that is illegal to discuss and research freely. Continued attempts are made to extend such censorship to the remaining Western countries that still allow free debate and research on the issue. In 2014, Russia and Greece implemented "Holocaust denial" laws. In 2015, Romania implemented such a law (with help of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum). In 2016, Italy implemented a "Holocaust denial" law. Lobbying efforts are ongoing in order to make the European Union pass legislation prohibiting free discussion and research in all EU countries.
See the article on Anti-Holocaust revisionism on topics such as:
- Censorship on free speech and research in an increasing number of countries.
- Other forms of persecutions.
- Hate speech allegations
- Conspiracy theory allegations.
- The term "Holocaust denial".
- Holocaust awareness
- Holocaust camps
- Holocaust demographics
- Holocaust education
- Holocaust fictional descriptions
- Holocaust industry
- Holocaust Memorial Days
- Allied psychological warfare
- Claimed mass killings of Germans by the WWII Allies
- Claimed mass killings of non-Jews by National Socialist Germany
- Etymology of the term "The Holocaust"
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Holocaust Handbooks, Volume 15: Germar Rudolf: Lectures on the Holocaust—Controversial Issues Cross Examined 2nd, revised and corrected edition. http://holocausthandbooks.com/index.php?page_id=15
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 German Rudolf's Website. http://germarrudolf.com/
- ↑ A Chronicle of Holocaust Revisionism, Part 3 (1956-1960) https://codoh.com/library/document/3120/
- ↑ The Non-Jewish Stake in the Holocaust Mythology: Why the Continued Success of a Failed Ideology? http://inconvenienthistory.com/archive/2010/volume_2/number_1/non_jewish_stake_in_holocaust_mythology.php
- ↑ Why Romania had to ban Holocaust denial twice https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/07/27/why-romania-had-to-ban-holocaust-denial-twice/
- ↑ WJC Approves Resolution Calling for Ban of Public Holocaust Denial http://www.haaretz.com/jewish/news/wjc-approves-resolution-calling-for-ban-of-public-holocaust-denial.premium-1.519763