|Metapedia Fundraiser 2018: The Internet is the foremost field in the metapolitical battle of our time. Help us hold down the front.|
South Africa is the country at the southern tip of Africa.
The population in 2014 was, according to official statistics, 80.2% Black, 8.8% Coloured, 8.4% White, and 2.5% Asian. 150 years ago Whites were half the population and there were more Whites than Blacks. South Africa until relatively recently practiced a form of racial segregation with the apartheid system. This was intensely criticized and abandoned in the 1990s. The various growing problems in post-apartheid South Africa and the discriminations and persecutions of Whites are rarely mentioned in politically correct sources.
A Dutch colony was established 1652. The Afrikaners/Boers are predominantly the descendants of Dutch settlers. Later Britain acquired the colony which was followed by British settlers. Conflicts caused the Great Trek (emigration) of Boers and the establishment of several independent countries. They were conquered by Britain in the Boer Wars. Racial segregation began early and this and White rule continued after independence as the apartheid system. The first multi-racial elections in 1994 was won by the pro-Black African National Congress (ANC) which has ruled the country since.
One controversy is regarding if White Afrikaners or Black Bantus (who had gradually emigrated from West Africa as agriculturalists as part of the Bantu expansion) were the first (agricultural) settlers of certain South African areas. White South Africa argued that Bantu populations were often late arrivals with this affecting land rights. More politically correct descriptions instead argues for an earlier role of Bantu populations. Another controversy is regarding the Khoisan hunger-gathers/pastoralists who predated the agriculturalists. That the Bantus have displaced (possibly killed) the Khoisan in many areas is often not mentioned in politically correct descriptions.
The two primary motivations for implementing the apartheid system have been stated to have been fear of demographic swamping by the faster reproducing Blacks (see the section on White demographics below) and secondly the belief that the segregation benefited all. The "friction theory" argued that contacts between the races would inevitably produce conflicts. See also the article on Ethnic heterogeneity.
"The apartheid era was one of unprecedented prosperity for South Africa, and blacks shared in that prosperity. From 1960 to 1980 their average disposable personal income grew 84 percent, from Rand 1033 to 1903 (adjusted for inflation), and life expectancy rose from 38 years to over 60. The Nationalists spent more on education and medicine for blacks than previous governments."
Another controversy is regarding the history and causes of the end of the apartheid system. The ANC and its leader Nelson Mandela used terrorism, but this terrorism was not a major threat to the apartheid system. International sanctions and boycotts may have been important, but the economic effects have been argued to be small. Another argued cause is the Fall of Communism, removing fears both inside and outside South Africa of a (Soviet) Communist takeover, with the ANC having major ties to both Communism and the Soviet Union. Another cause was the external and internal moralistic criticisms and condemnations.
"As Prof. Giliomee makes clear, the Afrikaners were never defeated; they simply surrendered. [...] We may never know why the whites of South Africa — both the English and the Afrikaners — voted in a 1992 referendum to rewrite the constitution. Whites still had virtually complete control of the country, and the voters probably never expected their leaders to give up so much so quickly. As Prof. Giliomee puts it, “That [President F. W.] de Klerk and his negotiators would manage to retain so little despite a position of relative strength places a serious question mark over his leadership abilities.” [...] Softened by prosperity and demoralized by the disapproval of outsiders, they ceased to believe in themselves and surrendered without firing a shot."
Post-apartheid South Africa
Various aspects of post-apartheid South Africa have been criticized.
In 2002, 60 percent of South Africans said life had been better under apartheid.
"The South African government estimates that there are 31 murders per 100,000 people per year. Or about 50 a day. That would make South Africa the tenth most murderous country in the world, outpacing Rwanda, Mexico, and both Sudans. And that’s using South Africa’s official estimates — outside groups put the murder rate 100 percent higher. Choosing not to trust the South African authorities is a safe bet — South Africa’s government, which has been led by Nelson Mandela’s African National Congress since the end of apartheid, is outstandingly incompetent and corrupt. [...] Think-tank theorist Leon Louw, who helped defeat apartheid, calls the crime and corruption “a simple manifestation of the breakdown of the state. The government is just appallingly bad at everything it does: education, healthcare, infrastructure, security, everything that is a government function is in shambles.” He adds — citing “anecdotal data” — that “most people don’t bother to report crimes.” It appears that South Africa is about the most dangerous place you can be outside a war zone."
"From the 1940s to the 1990s, life expectancy for blacks soared from thirty-eight to sixty-one years!”... Since the dawn of democracy in 1994, life expectancy has plummeted by nine years. Crime has reached crippling levels . . . and is certainly much higher than in the Old South Africa. . . . unemployment had jumped from 19 percent in 1994 (before ‘freedom’) to 31 percent in 2003 (after ‘freedom’), steadily rising until, in 2005, it stood at 38.8 percent."
"Today, South Africa’s economy is stagnant, with growth running at an annual rate of just 1.3 per cent. That matters a great deal because the economy needs to expand by at least 5 per cent every year if poverty and unemployment are both to fall. Instead, the number of people out of work has risen by 1.6 million since Mr Zuma won the presidency in 2009. Unemployment–even at the narrowest definition–now stands at 26 per cent. If you use a broad definition that includes people who are too demoralised to look for work, the jobless total rises to 36 per cent.... the electricity blackouts which have become routine in Johannesburg, the commercial capital. These are happening because old power stations have shut down, causing a wholly predictable loss of capacity. The government ignored the warning signs for a decade or more".
South Africa's race-based affirmative action program has been accused of causing unqualified people to be appointed to positions where their incompetence hit poor and vulnerable communities. One example being by contributing to sewer plant malfunctioning, which in turn has caused diseases and deaths. In 2018, Whites had become under-represented in the civil services, compared to their share of the population. Despite this, affirmative action policies in favor of Blacks continued. "Clearly the targets for restitution in the public sector have long been reached and what is happening now is reverse racism." See also Affirmative action: South Africa.
In 2009, four mainstream newspapers in South Africa published surveys, revealing that 74% of White citizens felt that they were being persecuted in South Africa for reasons of their race.
Politically correct silence on non-apartheid problems
The politically correct media and other politically correct organizations rarely criticized/criticize the problems with the anti-apartheid opponents and post-apartheid South Africa. One example is the torture/death camps run by the ANC during the opposition to the apartheid regime and which have been stated to have been much worse than prisons run by the apartheid regime.
Another example is the terrorist Nelson Mandela who has been turned into a secular saint.
Jewish influence and relations with Israel
Still another controversial aspect is the role of Jews and Jewish influence, in both historical and current South Africa.
See the article on the Second Boer War and the external links there on Jewish influence on this war.
Some Jews have been argued to have played important parts in running and profiting from the apartheid system, while other Jews have been argued to have played important roles in creating and running the ANC and more recently in downplaying problems in post-apartheid South Africa.
South Africa and Israel for a time cooperated closely, for reasons such as both nations being isolated internationally.
Israeli policies regarding Palestinians have very often been compared with apartheid. In 2014, "a parliamentary group expressed in a “Cape Town Declaration” their solidarity with the Palestinian people. Moreover they proposed new economic rules in support of the “Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions” (BDS) campaign that would have effectively ended economic co-operation with Israel. Predictably the Jewish community reacted like a hornets nest that had been poked with a stick. They hit out at “flagrant hijacking of the Parliamentary process by special interest groups”. Not surprisingly they managed to get the Cape Town Declaration watered down. But it was all a mischievous gesture that sputtered out. In reality the links between South Africa and Israel will not be ending anytime soon. After all, President Zuma needs Mossad to maintain the security system they built for his lavish presidential compound."
Demographics and White flight
"It is also easily forgotten that in 1868 Whites were half the population and there were more Whites than Black Africans. [...] It took less than 150 years for Whites to go from half the population of South Africa to becoming an endangered minority making up less than 10% of the population."
As noted above, one important reason for implementing apartheid was due to fear of being demographically swamped by faster reproducing Blacks.
The ANC explicitly endorsed such views. "the ANC’s ‘Operation Production’ campaign which guaranteed young men who signed up to the ANC free sex with women members; while ANC women were forbidden the use of contraceptives. Women who refused to be forcefully impregnated or used contraceptives, were accused of being Apartheid agents, which was punishable by being burnt to death by the necklace".
"In the post-apartheid period South Africa’s government has virtually opened its borders. The result has been a torrent of people from the north: from Zimbabwe, especially, but also from Malawi, Zambia, Mozambique and Nigeria. [...] An estimated 10 to 15 million foreign Africans have poured into South Africa, swelling the shanty towns around all the major cities and towns."
About 800,000 out of an earlier total population of 4 millions Whites had left South Africa since 1995, according to one report from 2009 on White flight. The primary driver was fear of crime. Other causes included the South African farm attacks, affirmative action programs, mismanagement of the energy sector that has caused rolling brownouts, and worries about corruption and autocratic political tendencies. Also many people from other racial groups were expressing a desire to leave. Since many of those who leave are highly educated, this has caused shortages of skilled personal and fear of long-term consequences.
In 2018, the Australian Minister of Home Affairs Peter Dutton said that his department was looking into methods that would facilitate the fast-tracking of visas for White South African farmers who want to relocate to Australia. He said they "deserve special attention" because of the "horrific circumstances" of land seizures and violence in South Africa and "because from what I have seen they do need help from a civilised country like ours".
Later in 2018, "A delegation of 30 South African farming families has arrived in Russia’s farmbelt Stavropol Region, Rossiya 1 TV reports. The group says it is facing violent attacks and death threats at home. Up to 15,000 Boers, descendants of Dutch settlers in South Africa, are planning to move to Russia amid rising violence stemming from government plans to expropriate their land, according to the delegation. “It’s a matter of life and death – there are attacks on us. It’s got to the point where the politicians are stirring up a wave of violence,” Adi Slebus told the media. [...] The farmers are prepared to make a contribution to Russia’s booming agricultural sector, according to Rossiya 1. Each family is ready to bring up to $100,000 for leasing the land."
White dispossession and feared future anarchy, civil war, and/or White genocide
There have been frequent fears of South Africa developing similarly to Zimbabwe with dispossession of Whites and collapsing agriculture and economy.
In 2017, South African President Jacob Zuma pledged to break up white ownership of business and land, increasing fears of developments similar to those in Zimbabwe. In 2018, "The newly elected leader of South Africa's ruling ANC (African National Congress), Cyril Ramaphosa, has come out strongly in favour of a Zimbabwe-style land grab in the country, promising to confiscate white-owned farms without compensation. [...] also announced that the mandate of the country’s competition authority would be broadened to see white ownership of any business as “anti-competitive"".
Later in 2018, the National Assembly passed a motion to amend the Constitution so as to allow for the expropriation of land without compensation.
In August 2018, the South African government begun seizing lands from White farmers, following an August 1 ruling which amended that nation’s constitution to legalize the practice. Western mainstream media mostly did not report on this. After Donald Trump expressed criticisms, this has been temporarily halted.
The leader of the one of the parties supporting seizing lands, the "Economic Freedom Fighters", criticized an opposing party, stated that the party would attempt to remove a mayor from the opposing party because he was White, and stated that "We are cutting the throat of whiteness." He later stated "we’ve not called for the killing of white people, at least for now. I can’t guarantee the future."
"Black First Land First" is an even more radical party. The spokesperson has been reported to have made statements such that the existence of Whites in South Africa being a crime, to have demanded expropriation of absolutely all White land, and to have stated that “I have aspirations to kill white people, and this must be achieved!”
Related fears are of a bloodbath/civil war developing if the increasingly unpopular ANC should lose an election but refuse to give up power due to the leaders fearing facing corruption charges.
The Suidlanders is a group making extensive preparations for an emergency situation like major civil unrest. Warnings signs of that this may occur soon include political instability, an acute water crises, an electricity grid in risk of collapse, a mining industry in risk of collapse, rising unemployment, no or little economic growth, and rising crime.
In 2018, South Africa officially entered a recession, with agricultural output falling -29.2% in the second quarter.
A related issue is who own the land, complicated by many lands not being owned by individuals, but by organizations or communally. A politically correct claim is that Blacks own only 4% of farms, but a 2017 survey stated that non-Whites own 26.7% of agricultural ground and control more than 46% of South Africa’s agricultural potential. Blacks already owned more than half of all agricultural land in two of South Africa’s most fertile provinces: the Eastern Cape and KwaZulu-Natal. White farmers’ ownership of agricultural ground had declined from 85.1% in 1994 to 73.3% in December 2016, for reasons such as buying lands from Whites. Large areas of the land bought by the government had become underutilised or fallow. This implies that the government already owns underutilised or fallow lands which could be given to non-Whites who wish to be farmers.
Furthermore, "The 17 million people who reside in the former homelands, a third of the population, are mostly subsistence farmers working tiny plots on communal land. Critics of ANC land policy say that instead of seizing farmland from whites, such households should be given title deeds, turning millions into property owners. Reformers in the ANC have signalled their support for such a policy. Former president Kgalema Motlanthe, who headed a panel of inquiry into the land issue, described traditional leaders as 'village tin-pot dictators.' Tribal chiefs were not amused, and warned the ANC in July to exclude territory under their control from its land reform drive. The Zulu King evoked the Anglo-Zulu war and the spectre of conflict over the issue."
- This is Africa by Tia Mysoa
- At Thy Will South Africa - A Documentary Motion Picture: Elucidating the historical progression of South Africa's History with a chapter describing the policy of Apartheid & narration by various leaders of the respective eras including Dr. Hendrik Verwoerd, P.W. Botha & F. W. De Klerk
- Hendrik Verwoerd - Africa's Greatest Statesman
- South African Defence Force
- Reconstituted National Party of South Africa - H.N.P.
- Afrikaner Broadcasting Corporation
- Jews and Communism In South Africa
- A Message from a White South African
- Whites being murdered in South Africa
- Police-jail rapes of white SA men is a war crime pattern
- Murders of South African whites hidden by fraudulent ‘natural death’ certificates
- ↑ http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2011/07/white-refugees-from-third-world-barbarism-the-case-of-south-africa-part-2/
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The White Nation of Africa https://www.amren.com/news/2017/04/the-white-nation-of-africa-afrikaners-boers-f-roger-devlin/
- ↑ Did Economic Sanctions Help End Apartheid in South Africa? https://reason.com/blog/2013/12/06/did-economic-sanctions-help-end-aparthei
- ↑ The End of South Africa http://www.amren.com/news/2015/02/the-end-of-south-africa/
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 A South African White Ethnostate http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2015/02/a-south-african-ethnostate/
- ↑ Apartheid South Africa: Reality vs. Libertarian Fantasy http://www.amren.com/news/2013/12/apartheid-south-africa-reality-vs-libertarian-fantasy/
- ↑ South Africa’s Long Walk to Decline http://www.amren.com/news/2015/06/south-africas-long-walk-to-decline/
- ↑ South Africa’s Black Empowerment ‘Killing Babies’ http://www.amren.com/news/2014/06/south-africas-black-empowerment-killing-babies/
- ↑ White People Forced Out of Civil Service https://www.amren.com/news/2018/06/white-people-forced-out-of-civil-service/
- ↑ White Refugees from Third World Barbarism: The Case of South Africa, Part 1 http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2011/07/white-refugees-from-third-world-barbarism-the-case-of-south-africa/
- ↑ White Refugees from Third World Barbarism: The Case of South Africa, Part 1 http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2011/07/white-refugees-from-third-world-barbarism-the-case-of-south-africa/
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 A blind eye to murder of Whites in South Africa http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2014/05/a-blind-eye-to-murder-of-whites-in-south-africa/
- ↑ The role of Jews in South Africa since 1948 http://toqonline.com/archives/v11n2/TOQv11n2Davidson.pdf
- ↑ A Deal with the Devil: The Strange Case of Israel and South Africa http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2011/08/a-deal-with-the-devil-the-strange-case-of-israel-and-south-africa/
- ↑ White Refugees from Third World Barbarism: The Case of South Africa, Part 2 http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2011/07/white-refugees-from-third-world-barbarism-the-case-of-south-africa-part-2/
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 An African Planet? Part II http://www.amren.com/features/2016/01/an-african-planet-part-ii/
- ↑ Fleeing From South Africa, Newsweek, Scott Johnson February 14, 2009 http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2009/02/13/fleeing-from-south-africa.html
- ↑ Australian home affairs minister to consider fast-tracking visas for white South African farmers https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/australian-home-affairs-minister-to-consider-fast-tracking-visas-for-white-south-african-farmers-20180314
- ↑ ‘A Matter of Life & Death’: 15,000 White South African Farmers Seek Refuge in Russia, Report Says https://www.amren.com/news/2016/11/the-colonization-of-europe-filip-dewinter-muslim-immigration/
- ↑ https://altright.com/2017/02/09/outrageous-south-african-president-jacob-zuma-launches-white-genocide/
- ↑ South African president-in-waiting wants to ‘confiscate white farms without compensation’ http://freewestmedia.com/2018/01/14/south-african-president-in-waiting-wants-to-confiscate-white-farms-without-compensation/
- ↑ National Assembly adopts motion on land expropriation without compensation https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/breaking-national-assembly-adopts-motion-on-land-expropriation-without-compensation-20180227
- ↑ Media Silent as South Africa Seizes Land from White Farmers https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/bill-dagostino/2018/08/20/media-silent-south-africa-seizes-land-white-farmers
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 South Africa withdraws white farmland redistribution bill six days after Trump warned he was closely studying the situation http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6106613/South-Africa-withdraws-white-farmland-redistribution-bill-Trump-tweet.html
- ↑ 'We are cutting the throat of whiteness' – Malema on plans to remove Trollip https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/we-are-cutting-the-throat-of-whiteness-malema-on-plans-to-remove-trollip-20180304
- ↑ Malema: 'We Have Not Called For The Killing Of White People... At Least For Now' https://www.huffingtonpost.co.za/2018/06/12/malema-we-have-not-called-for-the-killing-of-white-people-at-least-for-now_a_23456601//
- ↑ White existence is a crime, says BLF spokesperson https://citizen.co.za/news/south-africa/2010239/white-existence-is-a-crime-says-blf-spokesperson/
- ↑ Zuma will trigger a 'bloodbath' if the ANC loses in 2019 – Zakes Mda https://mg.co.za/article/2016-11-16-00-zuma-will-trigger-a-bloodbath-if-the-anc-loses-in-2019-award-winning-author-says
- ↑ Here we will simply place the evidence before you and let you decide for yourself. https://suidlanders.org/the-coming-revolution/
- ↑ UPDATE 3-South Africa in recession for first time since 2009; rand slumps https://www.reuters.com/article/safrica-economy-gdp/update-3-south-africa-in-recession-for-first-time-since-2009-rand-slumps-idUSL8N1VQ25G
- ↑ Who owns SA’s land? https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/who-owns-sas-land-20171028