1807 1808 1809 - 1810 - 1811 1812 1813
1780s 1790s 1800s - 1810s - 1820s 1830s 1840s
Events of 1810
- January 10 – The marriage of Napoleon and Josephine is annulled.
- February 20 – Tyrolean rebel leader Andreas Hofer is executed.
- March 4 – The French Army, under the command of Massena, retreats from Portugal.
- March 11 – Napoleon marries Marie-Louise of Austria.
- April 19 – Venezuela achieves home rule: Vicente Emparán, Governor of the Captaincy General, is removed by the people of Caracas and a junta is installed.
- April 27 – Beethoven composes his famous piano piece, Für Elise.
- May 1 – Macon's Bill No. 2 becomes law.
- May 10 – Revolutionaries occupy Buenos Aires' town hall.
- May 25 – May Revolution: Armed citizens of Buenos Aires expel the Viceroy from Spain and establish a provincial government for Argentina.
- June 4 – The Society in Dedham for Apprehending Horse Thieves is founded in Dedham, Massachusetts.
- June 23 – John Jacob Astor forms the Pacific Fur Company.
- July 9 – Napoleon annexes the Kingdom of Holland.
- July 20 – Colombia declares its independence from Spain.
- August 6 – The city of Santa Cruz de Mompox, in modern-day Colombia, declares independence from the Spanish Empire.
- August 21 – Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte, Marshal of France, is elected Crown Prince of Sweden by the Swedish Riksdag of the Estates.
- September 8 – The Tonquin sets sail from New York Harbor with 33 employees of John Jacob Astor's newly created Pacific Fur Company on board. After a 6-month journey around the tip of South America, the ship arrives at the mouth of the Columbia River and Astor's men establish the fur-trading town of Astoria.
- September 16 – Grito de Dolores: Miguel Hidalgo, a Catholic priest from Guanajuato, incites the revolt that becomes Mexico's Independence War.
- September 18 – Chile forms its First National Junta, which is their first step towards its independence.
- September 23 – The Republic of West Florida declares independence from Spain.
- September 26 – A new Act of Succession is adopted by the Riksdag of the Estates and Jean Baptiste Bernadotte becomes heir to the Swedish throne.
- October 12 – First Oktoberfest: The Bavarian royalty invites the citizens of Munich to join the celebration of the marriage of Crown Prince Ludwig of Bavaria to Princess Therese of Saxe-Hildburghausen.
- October 27 – The United States annexes the Republic of West Florida.
- November 10 – Berners Street Hoax: Theodore Hook manages to attract dozens of people to 54 Berners Street in London.