Cosmotheism is a religious concept developed by William L. Pierce (1933-2002) in the mid-1970s . He expressed his religious philosophy in early writings and lectures, later presented in three separate pamphlets: The Path, On Living Things, and On Society.  William Pierce was the founder of the National Alliance. Some see Cosmotheism as a form of panentheism, a belief that an impersonal God is the animating force within the universe.
Cosmotheism asserts that "all is within God and God is within all." It considers the nature of reality and of existence to be mutable and destined to co-evolve towards a complete "universal consciousness," or godhood. Cosmos means an orderly and harmonious universe and thus the divine is tantamount to reality and consciousness, an inseparable part of an orderly, harmonious, and whole universal system.
- "All we require is that you share with us a commitment to the simple, but great, truth which I have explained to you here, that you understand that you are a part of the whole, which is the creator, that you understand that your purpose, the purpose of mankind and the purpose of every other part of creation, is the creator's purpose, that this purpose is the never-ending ascent of the path of creation, the path of life symbolized by our life rune, that you understand that this path leads ever upward toward the creator's self-realization, and that the destiny of those who follow this path is godhood."
His interpretation of cosmotheism developed from several sources: interpretations of George Bernard Shaw's play Man and Superman; strains of German Romanticism; Darwinian concepts of natural selection and of survival of the fittest, mixed with the related early 20th century eugenic ideals; and Ernst Haeckel's version of monism.
Pierce described his form of panentheism as being based on "[t]he idea of an evolutionary universe … with an evolution toward ever higher and higher states of self-consciousness," and his political ideas were centered on racial purity and eugenics as the means of advancing the white race first towards a superhuman state, and then towards godhood. In his view, the white race represented the pinnacle of human evolution thus far and therefore should be kept genetically separate from all other races in order to achieve its destined perfection in godhood.
Pierce believed in a hierarchical society governed by what he saw as the essential principles of nature, including the survival of the fittest. In his social schema, the best-adapted genetic stock, which he believed to be the white race, should remain separated from other races; and within an all-white society, the most fit individuals should lead the rest. He thought that extensive programs of "racial cleansing" (mass expulsion) and of eugenics, both in Europe and in the U.S., would be necessary to achieve this socio-political program.
Early Cosmotheist writings and lectures
- See here also: 
- Are We Winning? (A message from Dr. Pierce) - ACTION: Internal Bulletin of the National Alliance No. 45, November 1975
- [missing text] (Monthly Message II) ACTION: Internal Bulletin of the National Alliance No. 46, December 1975
- The Twin Errors of Liberalism and Egoism (Monthly Message III) - ACTION: Internal Bulletin of the National Alliance No. 47, January 1976
- Following our race-psyche (Monthly Message IV) - ACTION: Internal Bulletin of the National Alliance No. 48, February 1976
- Following the Upward Path (Monthly Message V) - ACTION: Internal Bulletin of the National Alliance No. 49, March 1976
- Identity, Purpose, Survival (Monthly Message VI) - ACTION: Internal Bulletin of the National Alliance No. 50, April 1976
- Cosmotheist ethics (Monthly Message VII) - ACTION: Internal Bulletin of the National Alliance No. 51, May 1976
- Our Eternal Purpose Cosmotheist lecture, June 1976
- Creating a New Society, Cosmotheist lecture, August 15, 1976
- Our Cause One Dr. Pirece's most important speeches September 9, 1976 Audio 
- Crossing the Thresholds, Cosmotheist lecture, September 26, 1976
- Building Our Community of Consciousness, Cosmotheist lecture, October 10, 1976
- Why We Will Succeed Where Others Fail, Cosmotheist lecture, October 24, 1976. released as an audio tape titled Fundamentals for Victory, 
- The Trouble with People, Cosmotheist lecture, November 7, 1976
- Change versus Progress Audio  Cosmotheist lecture, December 5, 1976
- Changes Ahead, Cosmotheist lecture, December 19, 1976
- Conservatism or Radicalism?, Cosmotheist lecture, January 16, 1977
- A World Gone Mad, Cosmotheist lecture, January 30, 1977
- Human Dignity: A Racial Ethic Audio  Cosmotheist lecture, March 13, 1977
- A Program for a New America - Cosmotheist lecture, March 27, 1977
- Making Your Life Count - Cosmotheist lecture, May 8, 1977
- America the Sleepwalker - Cosmotheist lecture, May 22, 1977
- Has the White Race Become Too Liberal to Survive? - Cosmotheist lecture, June 5, 1977
- Cosmotheism – Wave of the Future - Cosmotheist lecture, July 24, 1977
- Evolution and Conservative Beliefs - appeared in the National Alliance Bullentin of May 1978
- Cosmotheism – Wave of the Future a Cosmotheist lecture by Dr. Pierce Video  July 24, 1977
- Racial Ethics and Human Dignity (1977) Video 
The ADL which monitors extremist groups and provides inaccurate “research” to media outlets has made the false claim Cosmotheism is a form of Christian Identity religion. This error was apparently due to inaccurate reporting of the Spokesman-Review on Dr. Pierce's attendance of a 1986 Aryan Nations congress in Idaho.
- The Land (National Alliance)
- ACTION and National Alliance Bulletin commentaries
- List of articles by William L. Pierce
- National Alliance
- Lineage of American Nationalist organizations and individuals
- List of national mysticisms and religions
- Positive Christianity