Jewish ritual murder
Jewish ritual murder is the alleged murder by a Jew or Jews for ritual purposes. Argued libelous allegations involving alleged use of blood from non-Jews are often termed blood libel.
Regardless, several authors and books have argued for the reality of some incidents of Jewish ritual murder or some incidents of murders by Jews with ritualistic aspects (possibly by some religious extremist, occult/Kabbalah-influenced, anti-Gentile, and/or insane individuals). Some examples include My Irrelevant Defense: Meditations inside Gaol and Out on Jewish Ritual Murder (1938) by Arnold Leese and Jewish Ritual Murder: A Historical Investigation Hellmut Schramm (published in 1943 in National Socialist Germany).
In 2007, Ariel Toaff, an Israeli university professor, controversially published Passovers of Blood: The Jews of Europe and Ritual Murders' (Pasque di sangue. Ebrei d'Europa e omicidi rituali) where he made claims argued to support some of the claims related to Jewish ritual murder, causing great controversy. A week after its publication, Ariel Toaff withdrew the book from circulation, in order to "re-edit the passages which comprised the basis of the distortions and falsehoods that have been published in the media". The revised book was republished the following year.
- List of claimed Jewish ritual murders
- Host desecration
- Jack the Ripper
- Jewish ritual slaughter
- Israeli human organ harvesting
- Who Is for Free Speech? The Ariel Toaff Case
- Breaking the Taboo on Jewish Ritual Murder
- The Bloody Passovers of Dr Toaff
- Blood Passover: The Jews of Europe and Ritual Murders
- Ritual Murder: "Never, Never -- Hardly Ever"?
- Reflections on Some Aspects of Jewish Self-Deception: Part 3. Self-Deception in Jewish Historiography (continued)
- Review: Anthony Julius’ “Trials of the Diaspora” Part 2: “Medieval English Anti-Semitism”
- Blood Libels, Gas Libels And the Difference between Them
- Fury as Russia launches investigation into whether the last tsar Nicholas II was killed with his family as part of a 'Jewish ritual murder', at behest of Putin’s ‘confessor