Gerhard Lauck was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on May 12, 1953. In 1964 the family moved to Lincoln, Nebraska, where his father became a professor of engineering at the University of Nebraska.
In high school Lauck was an honor roll student who declined a West Point nomination and graduated a year early. During the next two years he attended the University of Nebraska and majored in German. During this period he became active in both German-American ethnic and National Socialist political organizations. His submission to the youth essay contest sponsored by the prestigious Nation Europa magazine in Germany was published as a semi-finalist. Furthermore, his philosophical booklet Blood and Soil was complemented by the former Deputy Press Chief of the Third Reich Helmut Sündermann.
Lauck founded the NSDAP/AO in 1972. Its purpose was to supply the National Socialist underground movement in Germany with National Socialist propaganda material. Soon the NSDAP/AO was flooding Germany with millions of swastika stickers and gaining the recognition of friend and foe alike. At its peak in the early 1990’s the NSDAP/AO was publishing openly National Socialist tabloid newspapers in ten language editions and sponsoring an openly National Socialist public access television program.
In 1995 Lauck was arrested in Denmark, fought extradition all the way to the Danish Supreme Court, lost, and was flown in a private jet to Hamburg. In 1996 he was convicted for publishing six issues of the NS KAMPFRUF inside the USA. Germany claimed jurisdiction on the basis it is distributed inside Germany. He was sentenced to four years imprisonment, which was a record at that time, and served his entire sentence.
After his return to the United States in 1999 his emphasis shifted to web-hosting and book publishing. He personally translated and published over 200 original Third Reich books, which he sells online at www.third-reich-books.com.
Books written by Lauck include the following:
- Die NSDAP/AO: Strategie, Propaganda und Organisation. This was written during his first imprisonment in Germany in 1976.
- Eine Einführung in die NSDAP/AO: Der Kampf geht weiter! Although written in 2000 in German, English and French editions have also been published.
- The Education of an Evil Genius. Lauck’s autobiography was published as e-book in 2014 and in print in 2016.
Lauck’s web-sites include: nsdap.info third-reich-books.com zensurfrei.com
- Los Angeles Times, September 7, 1993
- World-Herald (Omaha) September 26, 1993
- The Buffalo News, February 13, 1994
- Süddeutsche Zeitung Magazin, March 4, 1994
- Chicago Tribune, June 27, 1994
- The Lincoln Star, June 29, 1994
- The Lincoln Star, February 21, 1995
- Los Angeles Times, July 25, 1995
- The Washington Post, August 25, 1995
- Morgenposten Fyens Stiftstidende (Danish newspaper), August 27, 1995
- Evil Genius of Germany`s Neo-Nazis in the British edition of Readers Digest, September 1995
- Offenbach Post, October 10, 1995
- Süddeutsche Zeitung, January 13, 1996
- Spectrum (United Kingdom), March 3, 1996
- Hamburger Morgenpost, March 8, 1996
- die tageszeitung, May 5, 1996
- Former VS-informant Peter Schulz in an interview in the tageszeitung, May 8, 1996
- Washington Post, May 9, 1996
- Süddeutsche Zeitung, May 10, 1996
- The New York Times, May 10, 1996
- Omaha World-World, August 20, 1996
- die tageszeitung, August 21, 1996
- The News Herald, August 23, 1996
- Independent (United Kingdom), August 23, 1996
- The Dallas Morning Star, August 23, 1996
- The Washington Post, August 23, 1996
- Süddeutsche Zeitung, August 23, 1996
- Der Tagesspiegel, August 23, 1996
- Independent (London), August 23, 1996
- die tageszeitung, August 23, 1996
- The Times (United Kingdom), August 23, 1996
- Berliner Zeitung, August 23, 1996
- Associated Press, Hamburg, August 23, 1996
- Frankfurter Allgemeiner Zeitung, August 24, 1996
- Jewish Chronicle, August 30, 1996
- Antifaschistische Nachrichten, September 5, 1996
- Antifaschistisches INFO-Blatt, September-October 1996
- The Spotlight, September 23, 1996
- Lincoln Journal Star, April 2, 1999
- DIE REIHEN FEST GESCHLOSSEN by Georg Christians (page 249)
- HEUTE GEHÖRT UNS DIE STRAßE by Michael Schmidt. Based on his internationally distributed Swedish television documentary
- WAHRHEIT MACHT FREI. Publisher: Econ-Verlag, Düsseldorf/Vienna/New York/Moscow.
- THE NEW REICH by Michael Schmidt. This is the English-language version of the above-mentioned book. Published in the USA, Canada and the United Kingdom. US-Publisher: Pantheon division of Randall.
- NÉO-NAZIS. L’ENQUÊTE TERRIBLE by Michael Schmidt. This is the French-language version of the above-mentioned book. Publisher: JC Lattès, Paris.
- NEONAZISTI by Michael Schmidt. This is the Italian-language version of the above-mentioned book. Publisher: Rizzoli, Milano.
- OS NEO-NAZIS by Michael Schmidt. This is the Portuguese-language version of the above-mentioned book. Publisher: Edicðes Asa.
- DRAHTZIEHER IM BRAUNEN NETZ. Publisher: ID-Archiv im internationalen Institut für Sozialgeschichte/Amsterdam, Cruquiusweg 31, NL-1019 Amsterdam.
- DIE REIHEN FEST GESCHLOSSEN by Georg Christians. Publisher: Verlag Arbeit & Gesellschaft GmbH, Rosenstraße 12/13, D-3350 Marburg, Germany.
- WAS DIE RECHTEN LESEN by Astrid Lange. Publisher: C.H. Beck, Munich.
- UN-HEIL ÜBER DEUTSCHLAND.
- RECHTSEXTREMISMUS IN DER BUNDESREPUBLIK.
- EN MORGEN DE HELE WERELD? by Karel ten Haaf. Publisher: Fascisme Onderzoek Kollektief, Postbus 10748, 1001 ES Amsterdam.
- DER VERFASSUNGSSCHUTZBERICHT. Published annually by the Federal Republic of Germany: Der Bundesminister des Innern, Graurheindorfer Straße 198, 5300 Bonn 1.
- FREE TO HATE by Paul Hockenos. Publisher: Routledge, 29 West 35th Street, New York, NY 10001. (U.K. Publisher: Rutledge, 11 New Fetter Lane, London EC4P 4EE.)
- AM RECHTEN RAND: LEXIKON DES RECHTSRADIKALISMUS by Rainer Fromm. Publisher: Schüren Presseverlag, Deutschhausstraße 31, 35037 Marburg, Germany.
- DEUTSCHLAND ERWACHT by Henryk M. Broder. Publisher: Lamuv Verlag, Martinstr. 7, 5303 Bornheim-Merten. Distributed by Kiepenheuer & Witsch Verlag, Cologne.
- IN HITLER’S SHADOW by Yaron Svoray and Nick Taylor. Publisher: Nan A. Talese – Doubleday, New York.
- “WHITE POWER, WHITE PRIDE!”: THE WHITE SEPARATIST MOVEMENT IN THE UNITED STATES by Betty A. Dobratz and Stephanie L. Shanks-Meile. Published by Twayne Publishers, An Imprint of Simon & Schuster Macmillan, 1633 Broadway, New York, New York 10019.
- The Education of an Evil Genius (biographical memoir, e-book and print editions, also free download link below)
- NSDAP/AO web-site
- Third Reich Books web-site
- zensurfrei web-hosting web-site
- An Introduction to the NSDAP/AO: The Fight Goes On!
- Eine Einfuehrung zur NSDAP/AO: Der Kampf geht weiter!
- Die NSDAP/AO: Strategie Propaganda und Organisation
- The Education of an Evil Genius