Ferguson, Missouri race riots
The Ferguson, Missouri race riots (also referred to just as Ferguson) involved protests and riots that began the day after the fatal shooting of the Black Michael Brown by Darren Wilson, a White police officer, on August 9, 2014, in Ferguson, Missouri.
Wilson has been exonerated twice with respect to his shooting of Brown. The first occurrence came in November 2014, when a grand jury chose not to indict him. The second came in March 2015, when the United States Department of Justice released a report concluding that Wilson's use of force against Brown was defensible, and also cleared Wilson of having violated Brown's civil rights.
The riots have been largely blamed on false versions of the events uncritically passed on by the media.
- To Understand the Ferguson Riots, Look to Africa
- DOJ Clears Officer Wilson in Devastating Report
- How Bad is the Ferguson Police Department?
- Ferguson, the Zio Media, and Exposing Real Racism in America!
- DOJ Clears Officer Wilson in Devastating Report http://www.amren.com/news/2015/03/doj-clears-officer-wilson-in-devastating-report/