1970- – 1977
|Born||November 3, 1944|
Chicago, Illinois; rumored to have been conceived in Dachau
|Birth name||Frank Joseph Cohen|
|Political party||National Socialist Party of America|
|Profession||New Age author|
Frank Collin (born Francis Joseph Cohen November 3, 1944), was a Jewish pseudo-"Nazi" who formerly served as the leader of the National Socialist Party of America, best known for a march in the Jewish suburb of Skokie, Illinois. He was defended in this legally by the ACLU at the U.S. Supreme Court, Cohen v. Skokie. The whole scheme was a hoax, meant to perpetuate a perception of Jewish victimhood, just as the Hollywood "Holocaust" package was really picking up and the Israeli state needed sympathisers in the Arab conflict. Jews actually have the gall to list this pantomine opera on Wikipedia under the "history of anti-semitism in the United States."
Frank Collin, a native of Chicago, became a member of the National Socialist White People's Party in the late 1960s. He broke with the NSWPP due to a disagreement with party Commander Matt Koehl, who had assumed the leadership of the party after George Lincoln Rockwell's August 25, 1967 assassination by a disgruntled member, John Patler.
Collin's organization, the National Socialist Party of America, remained relatively obscure until 1977, when it announced plans to march through the Chicago suburb of Skokie, Illinois in retaliation for the City of Chicago banning the NSPA from speaking publicly in Marquette Park. It prompted a landmark legal battle. At the time, Skokie had the largest Jewish population per-capita in the United States, and many residents were Holocaust survivors; it was widely presumed that this is why Skokie was chosen. Ultimately, the NSPA won the right to march, but without their swastika armbands (yet with their National Socialist military uniforms). However, the Skokie march was called off when the city of Chicago, at the behest of Skokie's Jewish leaders and residents, decided to allow Collin to speak in the city. (Note: the aforementioned statement is not verified in the documentary "National Socialist America: A Secret History". In this documentary the attorney for Collin and his group states that the Justice Department intervened, that it "sat down with the client and asked him what he would need to not march in Skokie". Collin's reply was that he be granted a permit to rally in Chicago, which was subsequently granted. Collin had been banned from holding rallies in Chicago parks because of the shrill nature of these gatherings.)
Collin's downfall began with the revelation that his father, Max Simon Collin, was a Jew whose original surname had been "Cohen". Max Cohen/Collin claimed to have been a prisoner at Dachau concentration camp, where Frank Collin was said to have been conceived. While president of the NSPA, Collin was arrested by Michigan police while having sex with a pair of 10-year-old boys. These revelations led to his dismissal from the National Socialist movement. A psychiatrist who interviewed Collin declared that he was "consumed by hatred for his father"; it was argued that Collin rejected his father by becoming a National Socialist and adopting and publicly espousing antisemitic beliefs. Collin was convicted of child molestation and sent to Pontiac prison in 1979. He served three years of a seven-year sentence.
After being released, Collin re-emerged into the spotlight as the author, "Frank Joseph". In 1987 he had a book published, The Destruction of Atlantis: Compelling Evidence of the Sudden Fall of the Legendary Civilization. Collin/Joseph is now a self-described neo-pagan and edits The Ancient American magazine, which promotes the theory of diffusion of peoples in and out of the Americas in prehistoric times.
Collin appeared as himself in several documentaries. The video "Chicago National Socialists" documented the Skokie march. The History Channel special National Socialist America: A Secret History included extensive footage of Collin.
He has also appeared in or inspired several fictional portrayals. Skokie, a 1981 made-for-television film, dramatized the events. George Dzundza portrayed Frank Collin. In the 1980 movie The Blues Brothers, Henry Gibson portrayed a caricature of Frank Collin as an "Illinois National Socialist".
- "Socialists.html Chronology of Events: Events Related to the Proposed National Socialist March". Skokie Historical Society. Retrieved on 2009-05-15.
- “Hate Groups, Racial Tension and Ethnoviolence in an Integrating Chicago Neighborhood 1976-1988,” by Chip Berlet; in Betty A. Dobratz, Lisa K. Walder, and Timothy Buzzell, eds., Research in Political Sociology, Vol.9: The Politics of Social Inequality, 2001, pp. 117–163.
- Pippin, Jerry. "Frank Joseph Interview with Jerry Pippin". The Jerry Pippin Show. Retrieved on 2009-05-15.
- IMDb (1990, 2000). "Frank Collin Filmography". IMDb. Retrieved on 2009-05-15.
Books (as Frank Joseph)
- Atlantis in Wisconsin: New Revelations About the Lost Sunken City, 1995, ISBN 1880090120
- Edgar Cayce's Atlantis and Lemuria: The Lost Civilizations in the Light of Modern Discoveries, 2001, ISBN 0876044348
- Lost Pyramids of Rock Lake: Wisconsin's Sunken Civilization, 2002, ISBN 1931942013
- The Lost Treasure of King Juba: The Evidence of Africans in America before Columbus, 2003, ISBN 1591430062
- Synchronicity & You: Understanding the Role of Meaningful Coincidence in Your Life, 2003, ISBN 1843331020
- Last of the Red Devils: America's First Bomber Pilot, 2003, ISBN 1880090090
- The Destruction of Atlantis: Compelling Evidence of the Sudden Fall of the Legendary Civilization, 2004, ISBN 1591430194
- Survivors of Atlantis: Their Impact on World Culture, 2004, ISBN 1591430402
- The Atlantis Encyclopedia, 2005, ISBN 1564147959
- The Lost Civilization of Lemuria: The Rise and Fall of the Worlds Oldest Culture, 2006, ISBN 1591430607
- Opening the Ark of the Covenant: The Secret Power of the Ancients, The Knights Templar Connection, and the Search for the Holy Grail, 2007, ISBN 156414903X
- Atlantis and Other Lost Worlds, 2008, ISBN 1848370857
- Advanced Civilizations of Prehistoric America: The Lost Kingdoms of the Adena, Hopewell, Mississippians, and Anasazi, 2009, ISBN 1591431077
- Power of Coincidence: The Mysterious Role of Synchronicity in Shaping Our Lives, 2009, ISBN 1848372248
- Gods of the Runes: The Divine Shapers of Fate, 2010, ISBN 1591431166
- Atlantis and 2012: The Science of the Lost Civilization and the Prophecies of the Maya, 2010, ISBN 1591431121
- R. D. Flavin, "Frank Collin: From National Socialist to Hyper-Diffusionist and Witch". Previously published in the Greenwich Village Gazette, Feb. 21, 1997, as "The Many Faces of Frank Collin".
- Progenitor of U.S. 'Holocaust' Hysteria, Frank Collin Reemerges Within 'Holocaust' Resistance by Maurice Pinay