Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington
Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1 May 1769—14 September 1852), was the commander of the British army during the Napoleonic Wars and later prime minister of Great Britain (1828–30). He first rose to military prominence in India, won successes in the Peninsular War in Spain (1808–14), and shared in the victory over Napoleon at the Battle of Waterloo (1815).
- Encyclopedia Britannica: Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington
- Encyclopedia Britannica 1911 Edition: Arthur Wellesley Wellington
- Encyclopedia.com: Arthur Wellesley 1st duke of Wellington
- Encyclopedia.com: Wellington, Duke of (Arthur Wellesley)
- Encyclopedia.com: Wellington, Arthur Wellesley, Duke of