Erhard Wetzel (also known as Alfred Wetzel or Ernst Wetzel; 1903 - 1975) was the head of the Race-Political Office of the NSDAP, but was transferred in 1941 to Alfred Rosenberg’s Ministry for the East, where he served as the expert for Jewish affair.
There is an alleged draft (Nuremberg trials document number NO-365) of a 1941 letter allegedly initialed by Wetzel and addressed to Hinrich Lohse, Reichskommissar for Ostland. The draft is sometimes cited as evidence for the politically correct view on the Holocaust and in particular for the alleged gas killings. Thus, one statement in the draft is that "there are no objections if the Jews who are not capable of work are eliminated with the Brackian remedy" (the last words are sometimes instead translated as "Brack remedy", "Brack’s device", etc). This is argued to be a reference to Viktor Brack and gas killings.
Holocaust revisionists have argued that there is no evidence that the draft was sent, that its authenticity is dubious, that the three people mentioned in it after the war rejected that they had discussed gas killings with Wetzel, that Wetzel despite his alleged involvement in the Holocaust and other atrocities strangely became immune from prosecution, as well as other objections.
Another alleged document by Wetzel is related to "Generalplan Ost". See Lebensraum: "Generalplan Ost".
- Document NO-365 and the Riga 'gas chambers'
- The Hoax of the Twentieth Century - Chapter 6, the section "More ‘Extermination’ Camps".
- Sobibór: Holocaust Propaganda and Reality - Chapter 8.5 "Euthanasia and Aktion Reinhardt".
- The “Extermination Camps” of “Aktion Reinhardt”—An Analysis and Refutation of Factitious “Evidence,” Deceptions and Flawed Argumentation of the “Holocaust Controversies” - The draft is discussed in Chapter 5, notes 49-51.
- Document NO-365 and the Riga 'gas chambers' https://www.historiography-project.com/misc/brack.php
- The Hoax of the Twentieth Century, Chapter 6, the section "More ‘Extermination’ Camps" http://vho.org/GB/Books/thottc/10.html
- Graf, Jürgen; Thomas Kues; and Carlo Mattogno. Sobibór: Holocaust Propaganda and Reality. Holocaust Handbooks, Chapter 8.5: Euthanasia and Aktion Reinhardt. http://holocausthandbooks.com/index.php?main_page=1&page_id=19
- The “Extermination Camps” of “Aktion Reinhardt”—An Analysis and Refutation of Factitious “Evidence,” Deceptions and Flawed Argumentation of the “Holocaust Controversies”, Chapter 5, notes 49-51 http://holocausthandbooks.com/index.php?main_page=1&page_id=28
Note that besides the external sources listed here, an alleged Holocaust confessor/witness may be extensively discussed in the external sources listed in the articles on the particular Holocaust camps and/or other Holocaust phenomena the individual is associated with.