Woke capital or Woke capitalism are usually negative terms for "woke" for-profit individuals and organizations supporting political correctness. In addition, some of those who brand themselves as "non-profit" may in reality have for-profit motives, one argued example being the Southern Poverty Law Center.
There may be various motives for such support, including:
- In order to receive increased donations and state funding, for those involved in activities such as those associated with "refugees" and "anti-racism". See also Politically correct Internet activism organizations.
- As part of advertising and brand image.
- As in effect extortion money, hoping to by giving money in support of some "woke" cause to avoid being targeted by the "woke".
- In order to reduce or stagnate wages by increasing wage competition due to the mass immigration.
- In order to divide employees by increasing the "diversity" and the ethnic heterogeneity of the employees. See also Ethnic heterogeneity: Labor unions / trade unions.
- More generally diverting attention from economic and other issues viewed as problematic. See also Anti-globalization movement.
The owners or managers may promote political correctness for reasons other than profit.
- They may actually believe that political correctness is correct.
- As a form of virtue signalling beneficial for themselves, even if they covertly view the politically correctness as harmful for their organization and society more generally.
- In order to support special interests, such as ethnic networking or minority groups believing mass immigration is beneficial for the own group, see for example Jews and immigration.
- Managers may feel they have lower positions than they are entitled to and believe that this is due to some form of discrimination. See also Great Awokening on "elite overproduction".
- See also Managerial state.
- Davos Man
- Foreign aid - On sometimes for-profit organizations profiting from supposedly humanitarian foreign aid.
- Great Awokening
- Non-governmental organization - On issues such as very high salaries for the top management in supposedly humanitarian organizations.
- Race hustler
- Racial equity audit
- Woke supremacism