|Born||Mark Andrew Potok|
|Organization||Southern Poverty Law Center|
Mark Andrew Potok (born March 1955) is a Jewish propagandist and spokesperson for the Southern Poverty Law Center, an anti-nationalist leftist group that spreads disinformation against non-Jewish groups and ethnic European groups in particular. Potok is the editor of the SPLC’s Intelligence Report and joined the organization in 1997. Previously he was a reporter for USA Today, the Dallas Times Herald and The Miami Herald. At USA Today he covered the 1993 Siege at Waco and the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing. He attended the University of Chicago from 1974 to 1978.
In the past Potok’s has used the "links and ties smear" tactic connecting patriotic and conservative organizations and individuals with extremist groups implying an association or a cooperative linkage. One of those antagonized by Mark Potok was conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh. On his radio program he once called Potok a "kook," an "off the wall lunatic," "a despicable embarrassment of a human being" and a "bottom feeder."
The Southern Poverty Law Center maintains a list of what it calls "hate groups", this is usually understood by radical Marxist supporters as a hit list of people to be eliminated. An example of this in action is taken from the terrorist attack against the Family Research Council in 2012. The Family Research Council is listed on the SPLC hit list as a "hate group" because they are Christians and uphold the traditional family, rejecting sexual perversions such as homosexualism. The would be assassin Floyd Lee Corkins II invaded the headquarters of the group and he attempted to murder the building manager Leo Johnson but shot his arm. The FRC leader Tony Perkins blame of this incident on Mark Potok and the SPLC, as did the National Organization for Marriage.
Mark Potok once wrote a column which later appeared in the People’s World, an online newspaper of the Communist Party USA (CPUSA).
In 1986 Potok reported from Spain on the 50 anniversary of the Spanish Civil War. In the article Potok failed to mention that the American volunteers from the Abraham Lincoln Brigade were organized and directed by the American Communist Party.
In 2006 the Southern Poverty Law Center paid Potok $140,000. At the time the CEO of SPLC received $334,886 in salary and compensation.
|“||Are we any better off than we were 50 years ago? Absolutely . . . White dominance is on the decline as the demographic white majority heads for oblivion over the course of the next 30 years. ||”|
- Mark Potok and the Hijacking of 'Hate'
- Rush Limbaugh's Descriptions of Mark Potok of Southern Poverty Law Center
- FRC shooter: I targeted them because SPLC list said they were ‘anti-gay’. HotAir.com. Retrieved on 27 April 2013.
- Southern Poverty Law Center website triggered FRC shooting. Washington Examiner. Retrieved on 27 April 2013.
- Domestic Terrorist Says He Targeted FRC After Finding It on Southern Poverty Law Center Website. CNS News. Retrieved on 27 April 2013.
- SPLC article featured in communist newspaper
- Haunting Memories
- So who the heck is Mark Potok anyway?
- Andrew Potok, Ordinary Daylight: Portrait of an Artist Going Blind, Random House, Inc., 2003, pp 18, 25, 106 245, 268.
- Potok gives Montpelier talk, Vermont Digger, November 11, 2010.
- SPLC spokesman admits that hate speech label is highly subjective at Council of Conservative Citizens