|Metapedia Fundraiser 2018: The Internet is the foremost field in the metapolitical battle of our time. Help us hold down the front.|
|Location||Global General secretariat in London|
|Method||Media attention, direct-appeal campaigns, research, lobbying|
|Members||Many million members and supporters|
|Motto||It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.|
Amnesty International (commonly known as Amnesty and AI) is a non-governmental organisation focused on human rights with millions of members and supporters around the world. It focuses in particular on "prisoners of conscience" which are persons imprisoned or prevented from expressing their opinions in violation of freedom of expression.
The organization has liberal/leftist outlook and supports ending the death penalty, decriminalizing abortion, minorities' and indigenous rights, protecting LGBT rights, social and cultural rights for marginalised communities, and the rights of refugees, migrants, and asylum seekers.
Its coverage of different countries has been criticized as biased compared to actual human rights abuses.
Another criticism is excessive pay for management.
- Mithra’s Eternal Flame (Amnesty Intl., SMOM, Grace Family) at The Unhived Mind
- Communist Sympathies of Amnesty International at Free Republic
- Communists involved in origins at Solar Navigator
- Amnesty International defends Communist terrorists in Nepal at ChronWatch-America
- Insider describes zionist control of Amnesty International at Wake Up from Your Slumber
- Amnesty International supports male genital mutilation at MGMBill.org
- Amnesty International is US State Department propaganda at Hang the Bankers