A Handbook for Right-Wing Youth
|A Handbook for Right-Wing Youth|
|Author(s)||Julius Evola, Gábor Vona (Foreword)|
A Handbook for Right-Wing Youth is a collection of essays by Italian traditionalist and writer Julius Evola, published in 2017 by Arktos.
"A Handbook for Right-Wing Youth consists of essays selected from throughout Evola’s lifetime, but most especially from the post-war era, when youth across the Western world had thrown their societies into chaos with protests, civil unrest, and by defying conventional mores.
According to Evola, the problem was not with the youth themselves, given that he viewed the inquisitive and seeking mentality associated with the young as essential toward opening oneself to the wisdom of tradition. Rather, it is the fact that post-war Western civilization itself had come to venerate youthfulness over maturity, thus leaving the young without any guidance or authority.
Evola believed that it was only by channeling the energies of the rebellious youth into the political right — not the right of today, but rather that “right” that represents the timeless principles that stem from before the advent of liberalism — thus restoring the West to a healthy and organic condition, once again.
In these essays, he defines those principles that must be undertaken by youth — not just by those young in age, but those young in spirit, as well — if they are to gain mastery not only over their societies, but also over themselves.
As such, while this is a book aimed at the young, it is not exclusively for them. This book was assembled out of Evola’s writings by the Hungarian traditionalists and includes a foreword by Gábor Vona, chairman of Hungary’s political party Jobbik."
Foreword by Gábor Vona
1. A Message to the Youth
2. Orientations: Eleven Points
3. Outlining the Ideal: The Trial of Air
4. The Right and Tradition
5. Revolution from Above
6. What it Means to Belong to the Right
7. The Culture of the Right
8. Historiography of the Right
9. ‘Neue Sachlichkeit’: The Credo of the New German Generations
10. For a ‘Youth Charter’
11. Biological Youthfulness and Political Youthfulness
12. Goliardismo and Youth
13. The Youth of Yesterday and the Teddy Boys of Today
14. The Youth, the Beats, and Right-Wing Anarchists
15. Some Observations on the Student Movement
16. Psychoanalysis of the Protest
17. Against the Young
Bibliographical Notes by Róbert Horváth
- Metaphysics of Power (2021)
- The Myth of the Blood: The Genesis of Racialism (2018)
- The Bow and the Club (2018)
- Recognitions: Studies on Men and Problems from the Perspective of the Right (2017)
- A Traditionalist Confronts Fascism (2015)
- Notes on the Third Reich (2013)
- Fascism Viewed from the Right (2013)
- Metaphysics of War (2011)
- The Path of Cinnabar (2009)
- A Handbook for Right-Wing Youth, Julius Evola, 2017, Arktos, ISBN-10: 1912079607, ISBN-13: 978-1-912079-60-5