White Identity: Racial Consciousness in the 21st Century
Cover of the first English edition
|Cover artist||Caspar David Friedrich|
|Country||United States of America|
|Genre(s)||Sociology/Political Science/Identity Studies|
|Publisher||New Century Books|
White Identity: Racial Consciousness in the 21st Century is a 295 page book by American author Jared Taylor. It is the sequel to Paved With Good Intentions: The Failure of Race Relations in Contemporary America. The first edition was published in 2011 by New Century Books.
Ten years in the making, this book is the sequel to Jared Taylor's seminal Paved With Good Intentions. In White Identity, Taylor systematically marshals the data to show that:
- People of all races pay lip service to the ideal of integration but generally prefer to remain apart.
- Study after scientific study suggests that racial identity is an inherent part of human nature.
- Diversity of race, language, religion, etc. is not a strength for America but a source of chronic tension and conflict.
- Non-whites--especially blacks and Hispanics but now even Asians--openly take pride in their race and put group interests ahead of those of the country as a whole.
- Only whites continue to believe that it is possible or even desirable to transcend race and try to make the United States a nation in which race does not matter.
Taylor argues that America must reassess dated assumptions, and that we need policies based on a realistic understanding of race, not on fantasies. Most provocatively, Taylor argues that whites must exercise the same rights as other groups--that they must be unafraid of considering their own legitimate interests. He concludes by warning whites that if they do not defend their interests they will be marginalized by groups that do not hesitate to assert themselves, numerically and culturally. The culmination of 25 years of writing about race, immigration, and America's future, this is Jared Taylor's best and most complete statement of why it is vitally important for whites to defend their legitimate group interests.
Jared Taylor is arguably the most brilliant of the leaders of what is sometimes called the “Alternative Right,” the intellectual movement focused on emergent issues that are now systematically suppressed in America’s purblind public debate. This book, the long–awaited sequel to his seminal Paved With Good Intentions, will eventually be seen as a decisive step forward on the historic American nation’s road to recovery from the paralyzing curse of Political Correctness.
—Peter Brimelow, Editor of VDARE.com and author of Alien Nation: Common Sense About America’s Immigration Disaster
In this brilliant and wide-ranging survey of the relevant science and history, Jared Taylor shows that racial consciousness is intrinsic and that efforts to remake human nature are doomed to fail. He shows that in modern America, people of all races prefer the company of people of their own race; that racial diversity is more often a source of conflict than of strength; and that multiculturalism is changing the United States profoundly and to the detriment of most white people.
—Dr. Raymond Wolters, Keith Professor of History, University of Delaware
The work of an insightful, well-tempered, and above all, demandingly honest mind, White Identity is especially timely as the white population of America comes under intensifying demographic, political, cultural, and economic pressure from both within and without. Jared Taylor deserves our deep gratitude for declaring that whites must find a way to stand up for themselves in a world in which they are becoming a shrinking minority, even in their own once white-majority countries.
Jared Taylor offers the reader an open, honest, and frank discussion of the reality of race and race relations in America today. He convincingly argues that unless all the facts, painful or politically inconvenient though they may be, are laid bare then all that follows will be based on false assumptions and doomed to failure.
—Dr. Roger D. McGrath, Author/Historian/Television Commentator
White Identity makes shocking and painful reading for any white person who fears for the future of the United States. It is about the relentless demise of whites, about the loss of will to survive, even about the death of whites globally. As Jared Taylor demonstrates in a relentless barrage of data and statistics, whites are being racially, culturally and physically dispossessed by non-whites. The acceptance of multiculturalism as something beneficial when it is barely concealed and often explicit anti-white racism renders whites uniquely vulnerable to the organized racial solidarity of non-whites. I retain hope. I retain this hope because of the author himself. Jared Taylor embodies all the virtues that made the American Republic: physical courage, wisdom, love of learning, an indomitable spirit and point-blank refusal to live by the Lie.
Jared Taylor documents the dire consequences of demographic change in the United States. He warns of the deterioration that will follow when and if whites become a minority, and sounds a much needed wake-up call for whites to regain their sense of racial consciousness.
If you don’t like letting facts ruin your fantasies about race relations and “diversity” stay away from this book!!
Taylor is among the few who have taken an unflinching look at the reality of racial segregation in contemporary American life.
—Chronicles Magazine, August 2011
Table of Contents
Acknowledgements and Introduction
- Acknowledgements ix
- Introduction xi
Chapter 1: The Failure of Integration
- Theory of integration 21
- Specific Objectives 33
- Segregation in Housing 35
- Regional Segregation 38
- What Causes Segregation? 41
- Churches 45
Chapter 2: The Myth of Diversity -Institutions
- Praise for Diversity 53
- Impact of Diversity 56
- Rewriting the Curriculum 67
- Prisons 69
Chapter 3: The Myth of Diversity - Daily Life
- The Workplace 77
- Language 87
- Race and Politics 90
- Avoiding Offense 95
- Islam in America 103
- Diversity in Perspective 107
- Cultural Enrichment 110
Chapter 4: The Science of Human Nature
- Genetic Similarity Theory 113
- The Need for Racial Identity 123
- Diverse Societies 125
- A Moral Duty 134
Chapter 5: Black Racial Consciousness
- Different Worlds 139
- Not Black Enough 141
- Separation and Solidarity 145
- Other Forms of Separation 148
- Politics 151
- Color or Culture? 155
- Racism 157
- Hate 161
- Loyalty 168
- Uncle Toms 171
- Irreconcilable Visions 172
Chapter 6: Hispanic Consciousness
- Who are the Hispanics? 176
- Mexico and American Hispanics 186
- Reconquista 190
- The Official Mexican View 194
- Influencing American Affairs 197
- Why Are We Passive? 200
Chapter 7: Asian Consciousness
- Who are the Asians? 204
- Pan-Asian Identity 205
- The Case of Wen Ho Lee 210
Chapter 8: White Racial Consciousness
- Jefferson and his Contemporaries 218
- Miscegenation 224
- Diversity 227
- Current Views 229
- Fading Away 234
Chapter 9: The Crisis We Face
- Poverty 224
- Radical Solutions 248
- Our Changing Schools 250
- Consequences for Whites 254
- The Workforce 255
- Crime 258
- Corruption Moves North 264
- Families 267
- Health 268
- Costs to the Medical System 273
- Language 275
- Cultural Change 278
- America's Future 286
- Endnotes 297
Other Works by Author
- Shadows of the Rising Sun: A Critical View of the Japanese Miracle (WilliamMorrow & Co., 1983, 336 pp.)
- The Tyranny of the New and Other Essays (Kinseido Publishing, Tokyo, 1992, 89 pp.)
- Paved With Good Intentions: The Failure of Race Relations in Contemporary America (Carroll & Graf, 1992, 416 pp.)
- The Real American Dilemma: Race, Immigration, and the Future of America (New Century Books, 1998, 139 pp.)
- A Race Against Time: Racial Heresies for the 21st Century (New Century Books, 2003, 331 pp.)
- White Identity: Racial Consciousness in the 21st Century (New Century Books, 2011, 340 pp.)
- If We Do Nothing: Essays and reviews from 25 years of white advocacy (New Century Books, 2017, 226 pp.)