|Metapedia Fundraiser 2018: The Internet is the foremost field in the metapolitical battle of our time. Help us hold down the front.|
It is one of several recent government associated initiatives to provide English language news with views differing from those presented in the mainstream Western mass media (see the "See also" section for other such media networks).
In July 2013 Press TV and other Iranian channels were removed from several European and American satellites (amongst others those of Eutelsat and Intelsat), allegedly because of the Iran sanctions, even though an EU spokesman told the channel that these sanctions do not apply to media. In November 2012, the Hong Kong-based AsiaSat took Iranian channels off air in East Asia, and in October 2012 Eutelsat and Intelsat stopped broadcasting several Iranian satellite channels, though the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting managed to resume broadcasts after striking deals with smaller companies based in other countries.
Other non-Western mainstream, government associated media networks
- Press TV – Official website of Press TV.
- Press TV Video Channel
- How to watch Press TV via Satellite in North America
- Press TV profile on USC Center on Public Diplomacy wikipedia
- ↑ "Intelsat to take Iranian satellite channels off air". Press TV. 26 June 2013. http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/06/26/310864/intelsat-to-take-iranian-channels-off-air/.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Iranian channels dropped by Intelsat". Asharq Al-Awsat. 2 July 2013. http://www.aawsat.net/2013/07/article55308059.
- ↑ ADL orders YouTube to disable Press TV account: Emadi http://presstv.com/detail/2013/08/18/319340/youtube-bans-press-tv-upon-adl-order/