|Metapedia Fundraiser 2018: The Internet is the foremost field in the metapolitical battle of our time. Help us hold down the front.|
The "State of Israel" sometimes referred to as the Zionist State in Palestine is a political entity which has existed in Palestine since 1947, located on the southeastern edge of the Mediterranean Sea. It has borders with Lebanon in the north, Syria and Jordan in the east, and Egypt on the southwest, and contains geographically diverse features within its relatively small area. The West Bank and Gaza Strip, which are partially administrated by the Palestinian National Authority and Hamas respectively , are also adjacent. The country has a population of about 8.5 million (2016 estimate), the majority of whom are Jews. It is also home to Arab Muslims, Christians and Druze, as well as other religious and ethnic minority groups.
During The Great War the British Government, desperate for war loans from American bankers, dominated by Jews, agreed that if they drove the Turks from Palestine that a provision would be made in those territories for a "national home for the Jewish people". This is commonly called the Balfour Declaration but is in fact a personal letter by Balfour to the head of the Zionists. In 1947, the American dominated United Nations called for the ending of the League of Nations British Mandate of Palestine and approved the partition of the Mandate of Palestine into two states, one for Jews and one Arab. The Arab League rejected the plan. However on May 14, 1948, Israel declared itself to be independent. Using terror tactics the new country was able to continually expand its borders beyond those prescribed in the UN Partition Plan. Since then, Israel has been in conflict with almost all of the neighboring Arab countries, resulting in several major wars and decades of violence. Throughout the conflict, the Zionist's boundaries have been subject to dispute.
Criticisms of Israel and anti-Semitism
Well, it's a trick, we always use it. When from Europe somebody is criticizing Israel, then we bring up the Holocaust. When in this country people are criticizing Israel, then they are anti-Semitic. And the organization is strong, and has a lot of money, and the ties between Israel and the American Jewish establishment are very strong and they are strong in this country, as you know. And they have power, which is OK. They are talented people and they have power and money, and the media and other things, and their attitude is "Israel, my country right or wrong", the identification. And they are not ready to hear criticism. And it's very easy to blame people who criticize certain acts of the Israeli government as anti-Semitic, and to bring up the Holocaust, and the suffering of the Jewish people, and that is justify everything we do to the Palestinians.—Shulamit Aloni, a former Israeli Knesset and cabinet member.
Criticisms of the treatment of Palestinians
There are numerous criticisms of Israel's treatment of the Palestinians. This even in some leftist media, especially some far leftist media, as long as topics such as race are avoided. However, the criticisms in the "mainstream" Western media are often severely limited.
Israel lobby and general Jewish influence in Western countries
One effect of the Israel lobby is United States giving massive amounts of foreign aid the Israel as well as various other privileges.
Wars by the United States and other countries against various countries hostile to Israel have been supported by the Israel lobby.
Israel is part of several conspiracy theories involving Jews such as several conspiracy theories involving alleged false flag attacks in order to start wars between enemies of Israel and Western countries.
There are various criticisms of argued Jewish supremacism in relation to Israel such as non-Jews in Israel being second-class citizens.
Israel prohibits marriage between Jews and non-Jews, between individuals of only partial Jewish ancestry and Jews with "full" Jewish ancestry, between converts to Judaism and Jews with Jewish ancestry, and same-sex marriages.
Avoiding this, such by marrying abroad, has caused large scale protests, such as when more than 200 Israeli protesters demonstrated against a marriage between Jewish woman and Muslim man as they shouted “death to the Arabs” and “May your village burn down.”
Consensual sex with Jewish woman caused an Arab man to be sentenced to 18 months in jail as "rape by deception" since he told her that he was Jewish.
In 2015, the Israeli Education Ministry banned a book as threatening “the identity and the heritage of students in every sector” because it portrayed a love story between an Israeli Jew and a Palestinian Muslim. Those identities, the ministry insisted, are best kept “separate.” “Young people of adolescent age don’t have the systemic view that includes considerations involving maintaining the national-ethnic identity of the people and the significance of miscegenation,” the ministry said in a statement.
Immigration and repatriation
Israel will grant citizenship to any Jew from anywhere in the world, even if they have had no ancestors living in Palestine for thousands of years, but forbids even Palestinian refugees who were born within what is now Israel, and who may have had ancestors living there for thousands of years, from returning.
Another aspect is Israel taking in very few refugees despite being very closely located to many of the areas having many refugees and many of these refugees originating from wars supported by the Israel lobby since they were seen as weakening enemies of Israel. Israel is also very restrictive on non-Jewish immigration. Large number of non-Jewish African migrants/refugees have been repatriated/deported or are planned to be.
Israel's Foreign Ministry spokesperson stated in 2016 on non-Jewish migrants/refugees from Africa that "this element of migrants who come here and who want to stay here - undoubtedly because this is a rich and prosperous country - then it could become also a challenge to our identity here in Israel" and ""it's about the potential. Because those people tell their friends and families back home - 'Look, this is a very nice place. Do come over.'"
A 2017 article stated on repatriation of migrants that "Netanyahu has called the migrants' presence a threat to Israel's social fabric and Jewish character, and one government minister has referred to them as "a cancer". [...] In his remarks, Netanyahu cited the large presence of African migrants in Tel Aviv's poorer neighbourhoods, where he said "veteran residents" - a reference to Israelis - no longer feel safe. "So today, we are keeping our promise to restore calm, a sense of personal security and law and order to the residents of south Tel Aviv and those in many other neighbourhoods," he said."
However, pro-Israel Jewish lobbying organizations in other countries are instead often prominent and important supporters of high immigration to these countries.
See also Jews and immigration.
Secular democracy and religious fundamentalists
A common defense of Israel is that it is a secular democracy and therefore better than its neighbors which are often religiously fundamentalist autocracies.
However, internal Israeli demographic changes with Jewish religious fundamentalists having many more children than other Jews have been argued to imply that Israel will in the future turn into a religiously fundamentalist theocracy (armed with nuclear weapons) and that Jewish religious fundamentalists already have a large and increasing political influence.
In 2016, increasing religious influence was one cause for concern regarding a new civics textbook for the supposedly secular school system. The book makes repeated mentions to God as being behind the founding of Israel in 1948 and cites Bible passages as justification. The book openly describes Israel’s status as a "Jewish nation state" and praises Jewish nationalism. The Holocaust is repeatedly mentioned as justification. Non-Jewish minorities receive only one chapter which concentrates on the Druze insisting that they are loyal to Israel and do not identify as Arabs. Israel’s huge Muslim minority gets two sentences in the entire book, one of which accuses them of “oppressing women”. The book makes no mention of the debate regarding the treatment of women in orthodox Judaism. The mainstream Western media has ignored the less politically correct textbook.
In 2017, "Israel’s far-right coalition continues to grapple with different variations of a new draft bill that seeks to give Israel’s status as a Jewish nation-state primacy over all other legal concerns, including potential conflicts with being a democracy. The latest revision defines Israel as “a Jewish and Democratic state,” but makes clear the first part is more important than the second part, explicitly ordering the Israeli High Court to favor Israel’s Jewish character over its democracy when the two issues conflict. This is a particularly important issue for parts of the far-right coalition that complain the High Court often overrules some of the more overtly anti-democratic moves they try to make, usually involving hasty attempts to ban all Arab parties from participating in elections."
In 2018, "Israel’s parliament has passed a controversial law characterising the country as principally a Jewish state, fuelling anger among its Arab minority. The “nation state” law says Jews have a unique right to national self-determination there and puts Hebrew above Arabic as the official language. Arab MPs reacted furiously in parliament, with one waving a black flag and others ripping up the bill. Israel’s prime minister praised the bill’s passage as a “defining moment”. “A hundred and twenty-two years after [the founder of modern Zionism Theodore] Herzl made his vision known, with this law we determined the founding principle of our existence,” Benjamin Netanyahu said. “Israel is the nation state of the Jewish people, and respects the rights of all of its citizens.” [...] it describes Israel as “the national home of the Jewish people” and says the right to exercise national self-determination there is “unique to the Jewish people”."
Many aspects of Judaism are linked to Israel which may be increasingly important as religious fundamentalists gain increasing influence. One criticism is that some aspects support Jewish supremacism. Several very important religious leaders have made very controversial statements.
Goyim were born only to serve us. Without that, they have no place in the world; only to serve the People of Israel...Why are gentiles needed? They will work, they will plow, they will reap. We will sit like an effendi and eat...Imagine that one’s donkey would die, they’d lose their money. This is his servant. That’s why he gets a long life, to work well for this Jew.
According to Jewish law, it’s forbidden for a non-Jew to live in the Land of Israel – unless he has accepted the seven Noahide laws.
Hasbara refers to certain very large scale pro-Israel propaganda efforts (or similar propaganda efforts promoting Jewish interests more generally).
A sayanim is a Jew living outside Israel who volunteers to provide assistance to Israel and/or the Israeli Mossad utilising the capacity of their own nationality to procure assistance. This assistance includes facilitating medical care, money, logistics, and even overt intelligence gathering.
Such individuals have been argued to have played very important parts in, for example, Hasbara propaganda and the Israeli nuclear weapons program.
The Samson Option or Sampson Option is a claimed threat by Israel to massively use nuclear weapons to destroy its enemies if Israel should be destroyed. It is also a claimed blackmail strategy in order to receive outside aid if Israel should be threatened. Alleged threats have mentioned not only Muslim countries but also Western countries.
- A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm
- List of Zionist crimes
- On Israel and Bombing
- Human Trafficking in Israel
- Stop the Blank Check
- David Duke: Israel
- The Occidental Observer: Israel
- The Occidental Observer: Jewish hypocrisy and double standards on immigration and multiculturalism in Israel versus the Diaspora
- ↑ Former Israeli MP: The Anti-Semitism/Holocaust "Trick" http://vfpdissident.blogspot.de/2012/05/former-israeli-mp-anti.html. Citing Democracy Now, Israel’s First Lady of Human Rights: A Conversation with Shulamit Aloni, http://www.democracynow.org/2002/8/14/israels_first_lady_of_human_rights
- ↑ Israel’s “Jews-Only” Marriage Laws Explained http://davidduke.com/israels-jews-only-marriage-laws-explained/
- ↑ Israeli Newspaper Spells Out Laws Prohibiting Mixed and Same Sex Marriages in Israel http://davidduke.com/israeli-newspaper-spells-jewish-supremacist-laws-make-mixed-sex-marriages-illegal-israel/
- ↑ Marriage of Jew, Muslim draws protesters http://www.iol.co.za/news/world/marriage-of-jew-muslim-draws-protesters-1736911#.U_Iko57rfgI
- ↑ Chinese workers in Israel sign no-sex contract http://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/dec/24/israel1
- ↑ Israel releases Arab man convicted of 'rape by deception' from house arrest: Court orders delay in deciding jail term for Saber Kushour, who had consensual sex with woman who thought he was Jewish http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/aug/04/saber-kushour-rape-deception-release
- ↑ In Israel, a love considered ‘treason’ http://jewishjournal.com/opinion/danielle_berrin/219168/israel-love-considered-treason/
- ↑ Israeli Government to Fund Multi-Billion Dollar Worldwide Campaign to Stop Jews Mixing with Non-Jews http://davidduke.com/israeli-government-fund-multi-billion-dollar-worldwide-campaign-stop-jews-mixing-non-jews/
- ↑ Israel’s new Jewish identity campaign fuzzy on details http://web.archive.org/web/20140701223752/http://www.jweekly.com/article/full/71826/israels-new-jewish-identity-campaign-fuzzy-on-details/
- ↑ Jewish hypocrisy on ethnonationalism in Israel versus the Diaspora: A picture is worth a thousand words http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2012/05/jewish-hypocrisy-on-ethnonationalism-in-israel-versus-the-diaspora-a-picture-is-worth-a-thousand-words/
- ↑ Israel's unwanted African migrants http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35475403
- ↑ Israel offers to pay African migrants to leave, threatens jail http://news.trust.org/item/20180103115805-egc1s
- ↑ Israel's Internal Demographics Disaster http://www.nationalinterest.org/feature/israels-internal-demographics-disaster-13501
- ↑ What Kind of State Will Israel Be? https://foreignpolicy.com/2015/09/04/what-kind-of-state-will-israel-be-reuven-rivlin-speech-identity/
- ↑ Israeli Civics Text Credits God for Creation of State, Barely Mentions Arabs http://news.antiwar.com/2016/05/09/israeli-civics-text-credits-god-for-creation-of-state-barely-mentions-arabs/
- ↑ Israel Bill Would Order Courts to Give Priority to Jewishness Over Democracy http://news.antiwar.com/2017/07/11/israel-bill-would-order-courts-to-give-priority-to-jewishness-over-democracy/
- ↑ Jewish Nation State: Israel Approves Controverisal Bill https://www.amren.com/news/2018/07/jewish-nation-state-israel-approves-controverisal-bill/
- ↑ Jewish Telegraphic Agency (23 December 2010). "Sephardi leader Yosef: Non-Jews exist to serve Jews".
- ↑ Non-Jews in Israel must keep Noahide laws, chief rabbi says The Jerusalem Post, March 28, 2016