Pierre Vial (1942-) is the leader of Terre et Peuple and one of the most important thinkers of the identitarian movement. He is considered the principal representative of the "neo-pagan" tendency of the identitarian mouvement, with his association Terre et peuple which he founded in 1995 and has presided over ever since.
Growning up in a monarchist and nationalist family (his father was an activist of Jeunesses patriotes, later of Parti français national-collectiviste), Pierre Vial joins Jeune nation in 1958 to take part in the combat for a French Algeria.
During the 1960's, he is member of Mouvement national du progrès, led by Dominique Venner. In 1969, he takes part in the founding of the GRECE (which he later leaves, as his "racialist" views were contrary to those of Alain De Benoist ).
In 1998, Pierre Vial supports Bruno Mégret during the schism within the "Front National". Then member of theMNR, he quits the party in 2001. He presents himself in 2003 at the cantonal elections in Villeurbanne with the support of the Front national. He then contributes to the creation at both national and international levels of a number of organisations whose purpose is the "defence of the white race". In France, he founds the Conseil représentatif des associations blanches (the representative council of white associations). In 2008, he founds Europe-Identité, an identitarian political structure.
In april 2009, Pierre Vial announced that he was going to join forces with the Nouvelle droite populaire, and took place within the political direction of this movement. At this occasion, he also voiced his support for Carl Lang, dissident of Front National and founder of Parti de la France.
- Pour une renaissance culturelle. Le GRECE prend la parole, Copernic, 1979, (Direction).
- with Alain de Benoist, La Mort : traditions populaires, histoire et actualité, Éditions du Labyrinthe, 1983.
- La bataille du Vercors (1943-1944), Presses de la Cité, 1991. rééd. France loisirs, 1993.
- with Jean Mabire, Les Vikings à travers le monde, L'Ancre de marine, 1992, Éditions du Lore, 2007,.
- Le sang des Glières, Presses de la Cité, 1993.
- La chevalerie européenne, Défi, 1998.
- Une Terre, Un Peuple, Terre et Peuple, 2000. Livre préfacé par Guillaume Faye.
- Balades au cœur de l'Europe païenne, Éditions de la Forêt, 2002,(Direction).
- Concernant les divergences idéologiques entre le GRECE et Terre et Peuple (le mouvement que dirige Pierre Vial), on lira Charles Champetier, « Une terre, un peuple... et après ? », Éléments n°99.