Paul Waldmann was an alleged German who allegedly "confessed" to the Soviets that 840,000 Soviet POWs were killed at Sachsenhausen. Initially, this was done by shooting but, since "the gunman often failed to hit the prisoner", this was replaced by an apparatus with a hammer hitting the prisoner on the head and that was controlled by a foot-operated lever. The corpses were allegedly burnt in four mobile crematoria, which were transported on a truck trailer.
The documents were printed in Russian, with the signature "Paul Waldmann" also being printed. An "Authorized representative of the Special State Commission" added a written assurance that the documents were "true copies of the originals" in Moscow. The documents were introduced as evidence at the Nuremberg trials.
- Extraordinary State Commission - The Soviet agency making the claim of 840,000 Soviet POWs killed.
- Western Holocaust camps: Sachsenhausen
- The Incredible Pedal-Driven Brain-Bashing Machine
- Sachsenhausen: "840,000 Russian POWs annihilated at one time and cremated in four movable crematoria" - Would take 48 years
Note that besides the external sources listed here, an alleged Holocaust confessor/witness may be extensively discussed in the external sources listed in the articles on the particular Holocaust camps and/or other Holocaust phenomena the individual is associated with.
- The Incredible Pedal-Driven Brain-Bashing Machine http://www.cwporter.com/pg378.htm