George S. Patton
George Smith Patton, Jr. (11 November 1885 – 21 December 1945) was an early supporter of the importance of armored warfare and a leading U.S. Army general during World War II, in campaigns in North Africa, Sicily, France, and Germany.
The participants in the Biscari massacre stated that Patton had given an order that they interpreted as that certain POWs could be killed. After the massacre, Patton at first argued that the massacre should be covered-up. An investigation ultimately cleared Patton of any wrongdoing.
Regarding the Chenogne massacre, Patton in his diary stated that "...also murdered 50 odd German med [sic]. I hope we can conceal this".
Patton has been stated to personally have destroyed documents related to the Dachau massacre and to have prevented a court-martial. See Western Holocaust camps: Allied atrocities at the Western Holocaust camps.
Death and argued assassination
Patton died in December 1945 (at the start of the International Military Tribunal), allegedly after having suffered injuries in an accidental car crash. A 2008 book presented detailed evidence for that Patton had been killed in order to silence him. One example of this evidence is a confession by the argued assassin. The argued motivations include that Patton was about expose secrets of the war that would have ruined careers, including that of the future president Dwight Eisenhower.
See also the "External links" section.
"After spending some months fighting in the Mediterranean Theater, Patton "told his staff that he could not understand how the Arabs could share their hovels with animals. Arriving in Sicily, he added that he could not understand how the animals could live with Sicilians in their yards." By the end of the war Patton was expressing serious doubts about the results of the conflict. In a letter to his wife, he confessed: "Berlin gave me the blues. We have destroyed what could have been a good race and we [are] about to replace them with Mongolian savages." And in another letter, Patton admitted: "The stuff in the papers about fraternization is all wet... All that sort of writing is done by Jews to get revenge. Actually, the Germans are the only decent people left in Europe... I prefer the Germans. So do our cousins [the British]." After touring refugee camps he came to see Jews as "lower than animals.""
- General George S. Patton was assassinated to silence his criticism of allied war leaders claims new book
- American Pravda: Was General Patton Assassinated?
- General George S. Patton assassinated in order to silence criticisms of the Allied war leaders
- General George S. Patton was assassinated to silence his criticism of allied war leaders claims new book http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/3869117/General-George-S.-Patton-was-assassinated-to-silence-his-criticism-of-allied-war-leaders-claims-new-book.html
- General George S. Patton assassinated in order to silence criticisms of the Allied war leaders http://www.veteranstoday.com/2008/12/23/general-george-s-patton-assassinated-to-silence-criticism-of-allied-war-leaders/
- American Pravda: Was General Patton Assassinated? http://www.unz.com/runz/was-general-patton-assassinated/
- book Reviews: The War Between The Generals, Overlord: D-Day And The Battle For Normandy http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v05/v05p397_lutton.html