I have added it to the section:
and to the german main page top right:
- Die Metapedia ist auf Spenden angewiesen!
--Rauhreif 15:05, 26 April 2012 (CEST)
- Excellent work. Thanks! --Aurvandil 15:35, 26 April 2012 (CEST)
- I have informed the portugese section as well. --Rauhreif 15:37, 26 April 2012 (CEST)
- Great! I have added a "sitenotice" text to the English and German Metapedia. Please feel free to translate your sitenotice into German, and to create a similar one for the Portuguese section. --Aurvandil 15:42, 26 April 2012 (CEST)
I will write my suggestion here cause the page is protected. That's regarding the PayPal link. Probably most of you are watching the page in your language because you have a cookie created the first time you chose language. Try to remove your PayPal cookies. Then after clicking on the PayPal link, the web page will appear in the default language defined on the "PayPal button", which is Swedish. There's no label "Language" so if the user don't know that "Svenska" is a language, he will not know what to do next. I suggest to add the default language in the URL, according to each Metapedia section language (if not possible then just use English). So users won't have to deal with this issue. There's a list of codes here. For English section add &lc=GB at the end of the URL. Try some samples: NL, FR, IT. Regards,--Derzeeman 18:30, 27 April 2012 (CEST)
Thanks a lot. I have changed it. --Rauhreif 19:50, 27 April 2012 (CEST)
Alternative ways of donation
Is it possible to donate by usual cash remittance or payment made by direct debit without using the paypal-modus? Perhaps there are people, which do not want to reveal their bank account at paypal because of security reasons. The cash-transfer-modus should be extremely easy, so that encouragement for donation is rising. --Weserbuerger 20:20, 3 May 2012 (CEST)
At the german section we have noticed (without the german section itself):
- Norsk (bokmål)
Summary 16 Languages!
Which current working section is missing? --Rauhreif 00:09, 28 April 2012 (CEST)
- The other existing sections are Icelandic and German. The first one is under construction but the second appears to be working.--Derzeeman 05:27, 28 April 2012 (CEST)
- Rauhreif counted the German edition – this edition has the most traffic. The Icelandic edition isn't working. There are other language editions in preparation but we shouldn't count them until they are accessable. For now we have 16 language editions. --Mms 06:55, 28 April 2012 (CEST)
- Is missing this: Hrvatski, there are 17 active editions.--Eosphoros (my talk) 08:28, 30 April 2012 (CEST)
Suggestion on Changing Metapedia
I would like to make a suggestion concerning the issue of needing to upgrade the server. It might help, especially considering that the funding is going slow, to actually remove certain unnecessary pages. That may sound ridiculous at first, but think about this: instead of aiming to literally replace Wikipedia entirely, you could just turn Metapedia into a sort of “racialist-nationalist wiki” (meaning, it is focused solely on delivering information specifically dealing with what we, as a people all part of the Right, want to get across to the world). Pages that are not at all related to this subject, such as those dealing with geography, can simply be eliminated as most people would sooner look to Wikipedia for that info anyway. If we delete such pages, it would reduce the stress on the server as well as removing unnecessary pages. Of course, all administrators should probably agree to this before it’s initiated and a record of pages deleted for this purpose should be kept. Just a suggestion… - Sword of Michael 21:24, 18 May 2012 (UTC).
Not my opinon. It is the absolutely wrong way! If you want to win, you have to attack not to retreat. --Rauhreif 23:31, 18 May 2012 (CEST)
- I don't look at it as a retreat, but simply a removal of extra baggage we don't need. For example, we do not need pages dealing with geography such as mountain ranges, forests, etc. You know what I mean; topics that have no relation to the messages we want to send out. What could people look at when they go to Metapedia? Why do they bother to look at Metapedia and not Wikipedia? They are looking to see an alternative view of history, that is, the other side regarding subjects such as nationalism and racialism. So why not just focus on that instead? Why should we have pages talking about the Alps or the Mediterranean Sea considering that people can look anywhere else for that info? Metapedia does not need to teach people about things like rivers, forests, mountains, etc. but new ways of looking at racialism, nationalism, and people associated with these. That is why I think we should just drop the extra baggage and keep what we care about. I think this will not only make the site more manageable, but will keep us focused on the pages that really need more work. - Sword of Michael 1:25, 19 May 2012 (UTC).
- Even geography can be presented on a nation-hostile way, since it includes names of villages, that are in reality or historically different names, than presented, and also falsified statistics and historical information, false linguistical explanations and the like. Bolshevikipedia's information is up to a very high level contaminated with Jewish propaganda. It needs to be corrected on many levels.
- We can save lot of rooom by using much smaller photos than bolshevikipedia does. Big photos are practical for posters, but they have not much use in a wikipedia. This is where we can save a lot with existing means. Hu1 10:00, 19 May 2012 (CEST)
- Also metapedia does not have to be ugly without tables and images, badly grouped. We should add as many illustration as possible but scale the image material to a rational size. Hu1 10:07, 19 May 2012 (CEST)
All of the themes are important because the wikipedia lies of all about of them. The text is the smallest part of a wiki. It is near nothing. As HU1 says: Maybe the images can be resized. But in the future the metapedia has to be an alternative in opposite to the wikipedia. Therefore we have to solve the problem to collect enough money. If every visitor donates 1 Euro or 1 Dollar the money is complete. --Rauhreif 13:59, 19 May 2012 (CEST)
The total is 2753:
List of donations
I donated to Metapedia twice, each time with 20 EUR (Aleksandr)
Please, could you connect those two donations in the list as one, because both came from the same person.
As you did with others:
- 557 EUR — Wiking (337 EUR + 220 EUR)
- 22 EUR — QM (11 EUR + 11 EUR)
- Done. Issue closed. Ashtav 15:41, 1 August 2012 (CEST)
This page is many months outdated
This page is many months outdated. I for one gave €5 a while ago and haven't seen it updated. Isn't there someone in charge of periodically reporting the fundraiser's progress? Julius A 20:52, 3 February 2013 (CET)
- The 5,000 euro have been reached. We should stop this fundraiser now. --Mms 09:49, 13 February 2013 (CET)