Cole as a Holocaust revisionist is most well-known for in 1992 visiting Auschwitz, posing as a Holocaust believer, and putting some difficult questions to the senior curator of the Auschwitz State Museum. This interview was used in a famous Holocaust revisionist film, which contains admissions such as a claimed genuine homicidal gas chamber, shown to half a million visitors a year, was in fact a "reconstruction". See the "External links" section for a link to this movie.
Cole went into hiding after he was hounded by the self-styled Jewish Defense League, eventually terrorised into a half-hearted and unconvincing recantation in 1998.
He came out of hiding in 2013, revealing that he has been using the name David Stein since 1998 and admitting that his 1998 recantation was fake, telling the Guardian "I haven't changed my views. But I regret I didn't have the facility with language that I have now. I was just a kid." During this period, Cole/Stein became a well-known conservative Republican in Hollywood running the "Republican Party Animals", a social club for Hollywood conservatives.
However, Cole's stated view on the Holocaust was now somewhat similar to the stated Holocaust views of David Irving. He thus argued that mass killings had occurred at some camps, such as at Treblinka. His arguments have been criticized.
See also the article on Holocaust revisionism lite.
- Josef Ginsburg - Another Jewish Holocaust revisionist.
- David Cole in Auschwitz - Movie
- David Cole at VHO.org
- David Cole at Revisionists.com
- Bradley Smith and David Cole vs. Phil Donahue, Michael Shermer and a lot of Jews Phil Donahue Show in 1994 Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4
- David Stein says he is really David Cole, and that he still holds his revisionist views about the Holocaust
- David Cole unmasked as notorious Holocaust revisionist
- David Cole's Interview with Ry Dawson
- Response to David Cole Regarding Treblinka
- Republican Party Animal: The "Bad Boy of Holocaust History" Blows the Lid Off Hollywood's Secret Right-Wing Underground (2014)
- Response to David Cole Regarding Treblinka http://codoh.com/library/document/3930/