He started to deal with the subject in 1979.
In 1985 Mattogno published the booklet The Gerstein Report – Anatomy of a Fraud and in 1988 the book The Myth of the Extermination of the Jews. Since the 1990s Mattogno has written extensively on Auschwitz but also on other Holocaust camps.
Mattogno is a former member of the advisory board of the Institute for Historical Review and current editorial advisor for the journal printed by the Committee for Open Debate on the Holocaust, bodies which promote theories of Holocaust research. Mattogno also contributes to the French-language journal Annales d'histoire révisionniste.
He leaves near to Rome with his family. His hobbies are bycicling and body-building.
- The Carlo Mattogno Web Page. Castle Hill Publishers.
- Mattogno, Carlo. Der Deutschen Nationalbibliothek.
- Hall, Jr., Robert A. "The Gerstein Report -- Anatomy of a Fraud (review)". Journal of Historical Review. Institute for Historical Review.
- Inconvenient History: Who We Are
- Peter Vogelsang & Brian B. M. Larsen. Holocaust Denial: The Institute for Historical Review, The Danish Center for Holocaust and Genocide Studies, 2002. Retrieved February 28, 2007.
- (French) http://www.plumenclume.net