Ethnomasochism is the act of taking pleasure in contemplating the humiliation, subordination, or annihilation of one’s own ethnicity or race.
The modern style of ethnomasochism has been argued to almost exclusively be a White phenomenon. It may be related to phenomena such as White guilt, pathological altruism, and political correctness.
One form of ethnomasochism is taking pleasure from the immigration foreigners into the own country, because the own people is not "good enough".
In 2011 conservative commentator Pat Buchanan used the term to describe Obama’s mother Stanley Ann Dunham. John Derbyshire has written that "We read about Ann in her son’s autobiography (p. 47) refusing to accompany her Indonesian husband to dinner parties with visiting American businessmen. These were her own people, Ann’s husband would remind her; at which, the son tells us, “my mother’s voice would rise to almost a shout. They are not my people.”"
- Anti-white movement
- National masochism
- Pathological altruism
- Political correctness
- White guilt
- John Derbyshire: Ethnomasochism – The Musical!, in Taki's Magazine, 10 November 2010, retrieved 26 October 2012
- John Derbyshire: John Derbyshire On The Roots of (White) Ethnomasochism, in VDARE, 6 September 2012, retrieved 27 October 2012
- Guillaume Faye: Ethnomasochism, in Vanishing American, retrieved 27 October 2012
- Hugh MacDonald: Group Polarization and the Fad of Ethnomasochism on Youtube, retrieved 30 October 2012
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Ethnomasochism - The Musical! http://takimag.com/article/ethnomasochism_the_musical/page_2
- ↑ White Supremacists Show Support for MSNBC's Pat Buchanan