The True Story of Fake News: How Mainstream Media Manipulates Millions
|The True Story of Fake News: How Mainstream Media Manipulates Millions|
Cover of the first English edition
|Cover artist||Jason Bermas|
|Country||United States of America|
|Publisher||The Resistance Maifesto|
Back Cover Text
"Is fake news being spread through social media as part of an information war? Are political operatives publishing disinformation to smear the opposition and help their own agendas? Who creates fake news, how does it spread, and can it be stopped?
What are the real world effects of fake news stories that go viral? Did it affect the outcome of the 2016 presidential election? Or is ‘fake news’ a fake problem, designed to justify tighter control over the mechanisms of sharing information online to drive audiences back to brand name media outlets because their audiences and influence are dwindling?
Media analyst Mark Dice takes a close look at the fake news phenomenon and the implications of mega-corporations like Facebook, Google, and Twitter becoming the ultimate gatekeepers and distributors of news and information.
You will see the powerful and deceptive methods of manipulation that affect us all, as numerous organizations and political activists cunningly plot to have their stories seen, heard, and believed by as many people as possible.
The depths of lies, distortions, and omissions from traditional mainstream media will shock you; and now they’re colluding with the top tech companies trying to maintain their information monopolies. This is The True Story of Fake News."
About the Author
Mark's YouTube channel has over 1 million subscribers and more than 400 million views, and his viral videos have been mentioned on the Fox News Channel, CNN, the Drudge Report, TMZ, the New York Daily News, the Washington Times, and other media outlets around the world.
He has been featured on various television shows including the History Channel's Decoded and America’s Book of Secrets; Secret Societies of Hollywood on E! Channel, America Declassified on the Travel Channel, and more.
He has a bachelor's degree in communication from California State University, and is the author of 11 books.
Table of Contents
- Introduction 1
- Chapter 1: Real Fake News 15
- Chapter 2: The Media Circus 29
- Chapter 3: The Power of Propaganda 37
- Chapter 4: Lying by Omission 63
- Chapter 5: Fake Hate Crimes 85
- Chapter 6: Operation Mockingbird 95
- Chapter 7: White House Correspondents' Dinner 113
- Chapter 8: Liberal Bias Confirmed 123
- Chapter 9: Sun Valley Conference 131
- Chapter 10: The New Media 137
- Chapter 11: Facebook 151
- Chapter 12: Twitter 169
- Chapter 13: YouTube 191
Other Works by this Author
- The Illuminati: Facts & Fiction
- The Illuminati in Hollywood
- The Resistance Manifesto
- The New World Order: Facts & Fiction
- The Bilderberg Group: Facts & Fiction
- Bohemian Grove: Facts & Fiction
- Big Brother: The Orwellian Nightmare Come True
- Illuminati in the Music Industry
- Inside the Illuminati: Evidence, Objectives, and Methods of Operation
- Causing Trouble: High School Pranks, College Craziness, and Moving to California
- Lee, Benjamin (4 November 2016). "Marina Abramović mention in Podesta emails sparks accusations of satanism" (Republican author Mark Dice tweeted: “I am now accepting apologies from everyone who said I was crazy for writing books about how the Establishment are Satanists”). The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2016/nov/04/marina-abramovic-podesta-clinton-emails-satanism-accusations. Retrieved 13 April 2017.
- Sykes, Leslie (May 17, 2009). Angels & Demons Causing Serious Controversy. KFSN-TV/ABC News. Archived from the original on December 20, 2014. “The Illuminati is a real, mafia organization that is operating today. Many would say that the Illuminati were instrumental in insuring that the 9/11 attacks happened, that they are behind the banking collapse that everybody is facing.”
- Tavernise, Sabrina (6 December 2016). "As Fake News Spreads Lies, More Readers Shrug at the Truth". The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/06/us/fake-news-partisan-republican-democrat.html.
- D'Addario, Daniel (January 24, 2013). "The music world’s fake Illuminati". Salon. http://www.salon.com/2013/01/24/is_beyonce_a_freemason_nah/.