Kosovo is a partially-recognised country and disputed territory in Southeastern Europe. Following the break-up of Yugoslavia and the Kosovo War of 1998 and 1999, which also involved NATO, in 2008 the Republic of Kosovo unilaterally declared its independence from Serbia. It has since been diplomatically recognized as a sovereign state by some countries, notably many Western and some Muslim countries. While Serbia recognizes administration of the territory by Kosovo's elected government, it continues to claim it as the Autonomous Province of Kosovo and Metohija.
- A Growing Split Between Islamic, Secular Identities In Kosovo https://www.rferl.org/a/kosovo-split-islamic-identity-secular-traditions/27906304.html
- Inside Kosovo's Islamist Cauldron https://www.rferl.org/a/inside-kosovos-islamic-cauldron/27825148.html
- Is Kosovo a breeding ground for Islamists? https://www.dw.com/en/is-kosovo-a-breeding-ground-for-islamists/a-36898392
- Kosovo, country profile Islamism https://www.rimse.gr/2019/06/kosovo-country-profile-islamism.html
- Muslim Opinion Polls: A ‘Tiny Minority of Extremists’? https://www.amren.com/news/2015/02/muslim-opinion-polls-a-tiny-minority-of-extremists/
- Pew: The World’s Muslims: Religion, Politics and Society: Chapter 2: Religion and Politics https://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-religion-and-politics/