Gun control refers to laws that regulate firearms and in particular for civilians. They vary greatly around the world.
Gun control is in some countries a widely debated issue and consequently it is easy to find, for example, websites with arguments for and against gun control. This article will not discuss this general debate but instead mention some aspects often not mentioned due to political correctness.
One such aspect is race. Support for gun control in the United States is lower among Whites than among non-Whites. One explanation for this is that Whites often see guns as a protection against crime by outsiders. Crime is committed disproportionately by non-Whites (see race and crime). Non-Whites and in particular Blacks may instead see guns as contributing to the high violence in their own communities and therefore may more often support gun control as a method for reducing such crime.
According to the latest available data from 2008, Blacks committed 56.9% of all homicides with a gun. However, it has been argued that gun control is a dubious solution to the Black gun homicides since many such homicides are a byproduct of the illegal drug trade. Blacks are responsible for 65.6% of drug-related homicides according to the BJS. Gun control is argued to be unlikely to affect such criminals who may have easy access to illegal weapons.
Blacks also use legal guns for protection against crime and in fact are overrepresented among those committing "justifiable homicides". Blacks carried out 42% of the roughly 260 “justifiable homicides" per year, even though they only made up about 13 percent of the population. 93% of those killed were also Black.
Jews and Jewish organizations have been stated to have prominent roles in advocacy for increased gun control. Suggested reasons have included the Jewish community’s affiliation with the Democratic Party, the fact that Jews are urban people and detached from the culture of hunting or gun ownership, and suspicion toward the NRA, which is “associated in the minds of many Jews with extremist positions that frighten Jews and from which they instinctively recoil.” Another reason is that many Jews are argued to favor a strong government with a monopoly on lethal force and based in cities as easier to influence. Some Jews are argued to associate rural America (and its gun culture) with nativism, anti-Semitism, nationalism, and fascism as well as with anti-intellectualism, provincialism, and Christianity. In part this has been argued to reflect Jewish supremacist thinking. The organization "Jews the Preservation of Firearms Ownership" has criticized the influence by other Jews on gun control.
Research presented in the book The National Rifle Association and the Media: The Motivating Force of Negative Coverage by Professor Brian Anse Patrick stated extensive mainstream media bias against the National Rifle Association but also that "Such coverage offends and politically mobilizes gun owners. Were it not for the informational heavy-handedness of The New York Times and similar news organizations, NRA and American gun culture would not possess the power of numbers they have today. By attacking innocent upstanding gun owners, and in turn mobilizing them, elite media inadvertently helped launch into independent orbit, so to speak, the large-scale social movement that they have dehumanized as “the gun lobby.” This new American gun culture exists now as an autonomous, self-directed social movement. It has its own media of communications. It is organized horizontally into local- and state-level groups and associations, online and actual. It is effective. And it continues to grow. Gun rights expand. Elite media diminish. More people read the anti-media of the new gun culture than the Times. The informational sociology has changed."
However, "In 2014, Pew asked whether it was more important to “[protect] the right of Americans to own guns or [control] gun ownership.” Hispanics favored gun control by 62 percent to 36 percent and blacks by 71 percent to 26 percent. Whites supported gun rights by 59 percent to 39 percent. Professor Adam Winkler at UCLA wrote in 2015 that the “NRA’s fall” is inevitable due to “demographics.”"
In 2018, censorship and de-platforming methods started to be applied to the National Rifle Association, traditionally seen as a mainstream conservative organization, but often seen as an implicit pro-White organization. See also The Alt-Right and censorship.
In the United States, at the same time as there have been a campaign for increased gun control, the police has become increasingly militarized. It has been argued that there is currently "virtually no use" for the military-grade equipment being bought by local law enforcement and what it could be used for is against local citizens who have risen up and created some sort of civil disorder. There is also a more general trend of increasing surveillance and control of citizens by the government.
- Jews and Jewish organizations lead the gun control campaign
- Jews and Gun Control: A Reprise
- Gun Ownership Is Fast Becoming White Supremacy
- Who is Behind Gun Control?
- Steve Sailer. Guns and Race. April 03, 2013. Taki's Magazine. http://takimag.com/article/guns_and_race_steve_sailer/page_2
- Jews and Jewish organizations lead the gun control campaign. January 1, 2013. The Occidental Observer. http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2013/01/jews-and-jewish-organizations-lead-the-gun-control-campaign/
- Aaron Zelman. September 3, 2001. Do Jewish "leaders" want us all to be victims? http://jpfo.org/alerts/alert20010903.htm archived
- The NRA and the Death of the Elite Media https://altright.com/2016/07/10/the-nra-and-the-death-of-the-elite-media/
- A Non-White Majority Will End Gun Rights https://www.amren.com/commentary/2019/08/a-non-white-majority-will-end-gun-rights/
- Welcome to the Party, NRA! https://www.amren.com/commentary/2018/02/welcome-to-the-party-nra-censorship-deplatforming-alt-right/
- William L. Pierce. Gun Control in Germany, 1928-1945.
- When Local Police Become a “Standing Army”. Tuesday, 26 August 2014. The New American. http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/18982-when-local-police-become-a-standing-army