Academic boycott of Israel
A number of organizations have called for an Academic boycott of Israel. The main reasons for such a boycott are the continued illegal occupation of Palestine and the concomitant breaches of human rights by Israel. The envisaged academic boycott of Israel can include
- Refusing research collaborations with Israeli institutions.
- Refusing to referee papers from authors employed by Israeli institutions.
- Refusing grant applications issuing from such institutions.
- Refusing to attend academic conferences in Israel
- Stop the funding of Israel by the European Research Council