Jewish ritual murder
Jewish ritual murder, popularly referred to by deniers as Blood libel, is the alleged murder of a non-Jew by Jews in celebration of the Jewish religious festivals of Purim and Passover. The ritual's argued purpose is to drain the blood of a non-Jewish person (preferrably a young Christian boy) in order to make three cornered Purim pastries or matzo.
While these may have been false charges, several books have argued the reality of Jewish ritual murder (possibly by religious extremist or occult-oriented individuals).
Examples of accusations
Accusations of Jewish ritual murders have a long history.
One of the earliest accusations came from the non-Christian Greek writer Apion (30-20 BC – c. AD 45-48). The Jewish historian Josephus criticized this as well as other accusations in a work known as Against Apion.
A well known instance happened in 1989 during the Oprah Winfrey Show, although it has been dismissed as the claims of a person undergoing long-term psychiatric treatment for multiple personality disorder.
Ariel Toaff's work
Recently in Italy, Ariel Toaff, an Israeli university professor controversially published the book Ebrei d'Europa e Pasque di Sangue (European Jews and Blood Easters) where he hypothesized that some accusations of the past against Jews for their rituals were true. He was harshly criticized and had to call his book off. Israel Shamir was among the few who supported his research. The focus is set on the figure of 2-year-old Saint Simon of Trento, also called Simonino da Trento, who was kidnapped and murdered by Jews. His body was found in a cellar of a Jewish owned house in Trento, Italy by local magistrates. There was even an eye-witness. Eight Jews were sentenced to death and executed in late June 1475.
Books on Jewish Ritual Murder
- Ariel Toaff. Ebrei d'Europa e Pasque di Sangue (European Jews and Blood Easters).
- Arnold Leese. (1938). My Irrelevant Defence: Meditations Inside Gaol and Out on Jewish Ritual Murder. text
- Maurice Samuel. (1966) Blood Accusation: The Strange History of the Beiliss Case.
- Philip de Vier. (2001). Ritual Murder.
- Willie Martin. (1997). The History of Jewish Human Sacrifice.
- Helmut Schramm Jewish Ritual Murder: A Historical Investigation
- List of claimed Jewish ritual murders
- 1910 Shiraz ritual murder case
- Israeli human organ harvesting scandal
- Arnold Leese
- Jewish ritual slaughter
- Massena ritual murder case
- Philip de Vier
- Rhodes blood libel
- Blood Passover: The Jews of Europe and Ritual Murders by Ariel Toaff
- Ritual Murder: "Never, Never -- Hardly Ever"? by C. W. Porter
- Why I believe in Jewish Ritual Murder on heretical.com
- There Will Be Hell to Pay by Dr. William Pierce
- Jewish Ritual Murder by Arnold Leese
- The Jew and Human Sacrifice (1901) by Hermann L. Strack
- The History of Jewish Human Sacrifice, by Willie Martin
- Thread on Stormfront
- Article defending Toaff by Israel Shamir
- Jewish Ritual Murder on Church of Israel website.
- Jewish Ritual-Murder a Historical Investigation
- Human Sacrifice and the Jewish Religion at Globusz Publishing