Barack Obama and Communism
Several of Barack Obama’s influences and associates have Communist connections. Obama himself admits attending "socialist conferences."
- David Axelrod is a left-leaning Democratic political consultant who’s mother was once a journalist on the pro-communist paper PM. PM was considered the alternative paper in Communist Party circles to the Daily Worker. David Axelrod is a political consultant for Barack Obama.
- William Ayers was a former member of the Weathermen, a revolutionary Marxist organization that engaged in bombings. Ayers had no regrets in his group's terrorist activities which included bombings of the United States Senate and Pentagon; Ayers was quoted saying, "I don't regret setting bombs; I feel we didn't do enough." Ayers is now a college professor. Obama praised Ayers concerning an article he wrote on the juvenile justice system in Chicago. Ayers and Obama served together on the board of the Woods Fund of Chicago. Ayers gave Obama a $200 donation for his reelection for state senate of Illinois.
- Frank Marshall Davis, a close mentor of Obama’s in the 1970s, was identified as a member of the Communist Party USA. Obama mentions him multiple times in his book. The House on Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC) accused Davis of involvement in several communist-front organizations."
- Tim Wheeler of Baltimore, Maryland an Obama supporter and a second generation member of the Communist Party USA. Wheeler campaigned for Obama in the South Carolina primary. 
- Obama once visited '60s radicals
- Report: Obama mentored by Communist Party figure
- Socialism, Marxism, Communism & Obama
- Marxists, socialists, communists form group on Obama blog
- RenewAmerica blog: Barack Obama's communist connections
- Obama’s Radical Friends: Communists, Marxists, Corrupt Politicians, Racist Mentors and More