The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth and Passive Income Through Intelligent Buy & Hold Real Estate Investing!
|The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth and Passive Income Through Intelligent Buy & Hold Real Estate Investing!|
Back Cover Text
The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth and Passive Income Through Intelligent Buy & Hold Real Estate Investing! by Brandon Turner In The Book on Rental Property Investing, real estate investor and co-host of the BiggerPockets Podcast Brandon Turner has one goal in mind: to give you every strategy, tool, tip, and technique needed to become a millionaire rental property investor—while helping you avoid the junk that pulls down so many wannabes!
Written for both new and experienced investors, this book will impart years of experience through the informative and entertaining lessons contained within. You’ll find practical, up-to-date, exciting strategies that investors across the world are using to build wealth and significant cash flow through rental properties.
Inside, you’ll discover: • Why many real estate investors fail, and how you can ensure you don’t! • 4 unique, easy-to-follow strategies you can begin implementing today. • Creative tips for finding incredible deals—even in competitive markets. • How to achieve success without touching a toilet, paintbrush, or broom. • Actionable ideas for financing rentals, no matter how much cash you have. • Advice on keeping your wealth by deferring (and eliminating) taxes. • And so much more!
There are plenty of books out there aimed at providing the motivation to want to buy rental properties, but there are very few books that provide a detailed, step-by-step framework for accomplishing real estate success. Brandon Turner’s The Book on Rental Property Investing does that, and does it in a way that puts financial freedom through real estate within reach of anyone who wants it.”
From the Publisher 2017-02-13 A detailed, step-by-step manual focuses on investing in rental properties and becoming a landlord. Turner (The Book on Managing Rental Properties, 2016, etc.) begins his guide to accumulating wealth through real estate investment with images of relaxing and enjoying incredible success on a beach before he promptly bursts that bubble for readers: "That is not going to happen, at least not anytime soon." But he also quickly dispels any notion that real estate investments only benefit those who already have plenty of money. Instead, the author encourages readers from the first chapters to think through long-term financial plans in terms of percentages rather than the often staggering costs of homes in expensive areas. Turner explains this idea of "relative pricing" to help anyone apply his methods to all financial situations while also being realistic: "Often certain investments are working in your town, but they are just not working at your financial level." Along with his own detailed explanations, he includes numerous graphs, tables, and interviews with other successful investors showing different points of view. Turner addresses specific questions, like "five questions to ask before investing in a fixer-upper" and even how to deal with difficult tenants—the solution involves a metaphor featuring his 18-month-old Yorkie. Although he clearly lays out the steps to investing at any level, Turner never shies away from doses of reality. He plainly states: "Rental property investment has a tendency to take over your life." With this straightforward, but also highly personal tone, he easily invites readers into his own experiences, making even the most technical explanation feel like it comes from a trusted friend. He also finds clever ways to frame more difficult pieces of advice, keeping a very human element prominent through all the business talking points. "Money is by far not the most important thing in life," he writes, while also delicately encouraging readers to be vigilant of how their social connections might impact their images as businesspeople. This is the kind of friendly but specific advice he weaves into every chapter. A thorough and accessible introduction to the complex world of real estate investments.
About the Author
Brandon Turner is an active real estate investor, focusing on both rental properties and house flipping. When he's not getting dirty in a house, he's the co-host of The BiggerPockets Podcast, one of the top business podcasts on the planet. Brandon is also the author of three top-selling real estate books and regularly writes for Entrepreneur.com and Forbes.com. Brandon, his wife Heather, and their daughter Rosie, reside in Grays Harbor County, Washington State. Contact him on Instagram @beardybrandon. -Co-host of the BiggerPockets real estate podcast -Seasoned real estate investor -Over a decade of experience buying, rehabbing, and managing rental properties
Table of Contents
- Prologue 1
- Chapter 1 Why I Love Rental Properties 7
- Chapter 2 The Five Keys to Rental Property Success 33
- Chapter 3 Four Sample Plans 51
- Chapter 4 The Ten Members of Your Real Estate Team 73
- Chapter 5 Analyzing a Rental Property 97
- Chapter 6 Investing While Living in an Expensive Area 121
- Chapter 7 Types of Rental Properties 133
- Chapter 8 Location, location, location! 151
- Chapter 9 How to Find Rental Properties 165
- Chapter 10 Which Properties Make the Best Rentals? 177
- Chapter 11 Submitting Your Offer 191
- Chapter 12 Real Estate Negotiation 207
- Chapter 13 Financing Your Rental Property 217
- Chapter 14 How to Get a Loan Approved, Guaranteed 243
- Chapter 15 The Due Diligence Process 253
- Chapter 16 Getting Ready to Close 265
- Chapter 17 Managing Your Rentals (Part I) 279
- Chapter 18 Managing Your Rentals (Part II) 305
- Chapter 19 Exit Strategies and 1031 Exchanges 321
- Chapter 20 Final Thoughts 335
Books by the Same Publisher
- The Book on Tax Strategies for the Savvy Real Estate Investor: Powerful techniques anyone can use to deduct more, invest smarter, and pay far less to the IRS
- The Book on Managing Rental Properties: A Proven System for Finding, Screening, and Managing Tenants with Fewer Headaches and Maximum Profits
- The Book on Investing In Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down: Real Life Strategies for Investing in Real Estate Using Other People's Money
The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth and Passive Income Through Intelligent Buy & Hold Real Estate Investing!, Brandon Turner, 2015, Bigger Pockets Publishing, ISBN 9780990711797