Party of the Swedes
The Party of the Swedes (Swedish: Svenskarnas parti, abbreviated as SvP) was a Swedish Nationalist Political Party founded on the 22nd of November, 2008. It was disbanded on May 10th 2015 because of poor result in the Swedish parliament elections in 2014 and a waning interest in the party. The party leader was Stefan Jacobsson. The foundation of the party's politics are summed up in 10 main paragraphs, which according to the statutes can never be changed. In the 2010 elections, the first election for the party, Svenskarnas parti won their first local seat in the City Council of Grastorp. In 2012 the party gained four more local seats when politicians that earlier had represented other parties in the City Councils of Nykvarn, Monsteras, Hedemora and Lidkoping decided to join SvP.
- 1. Sweden should also in the future be Swedish: Only people who belong to the western genetic and cultural heritage, where the ethnic Swedes are included, should be Swedish citizens.
- 2. Sweden shall be governed by the Swedes: Non-Swedes shall not be allowed to hold positions of Power in the Swedish society.
- 3. Sweden shall be governed for the Swedes: All policy decisions should be based on what is best for the interests of ethnic Swedes.
- 4. Sweden shall be governed as effectively as possible: The state apparatus shall be headed by a modern system of government that as efficiently as possible benefits the Swedes. The form of government must be based on competence and responsibility, and its mission must always be to serve the people, not vice versa. The governance system's motto should be improvement, development and the best for all of the people.
- 5. Sweden shall have an actual self-government: Gladly collaborations with other countries but no agreement stating that a supranational government is accepted.
- 6. Sweden shall be a safe country to live in: Security, both individual and economical, should be one of the society's foundations.
- 7. Freedom of expression: All questions shall be allowed to be discussed in Sweden, the research shall be free, and restriction of privacy by government surveillance of non-criminal dtizens should not be allowed.
- 8. Swedish resources shall be owned by the Swedish people: Major Swedish natural resources and public utilities should be owned by the Swedish people which means, that all profits from such business returns to the population and not to foreign or private interests.
- 9. Community cohesion and social justice should permeate the society: Class fragmentation should be replaced by the class community where all of the peoples' creative and productive efforts are highly valued and no social group is allowed to advance at the expense of the other.
- 10. Sweden shall have a strong environmental and animal welfare: Sweden has a unique nature that is worth protecting and preserving. Food industry and other industries dealing with livestock must be ethically sound and sustainable.
On May 10th 2015 the leadership decided to disband the party because of a poor parliament result and waning membership in the party.
|Election year||# of overall votes||% of overall vote||# of overall seats won||+/-||Notes|