- 1191 - Saladin's garrison surrenders, ending the two-year siege of Acre. Conrad of Montferrat, who has negotiated the surrender, raises the banners of the Kingdom of Jerusalem and of the Third Crusade leaders Richard I of England, Philip II of France, and Leopold V of Austria on the city's walls and towers.
- 1580 - Ostrog Bible, the first printed Bible in a Slavic language, is published.
- 1804 - Former United States Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton dies after being shot in a duel.
- 1806 - Sixteen German imperial states leave the Holy Roman Empire and form the Confederation of the Rhine.
- 1812 - War of 1812: The United States invades Canada at Windsor, Ontario.
- 1917 - The Bisbee Deportation occurs as vigilantes kidnap and deport nearly 1,300 striking miners and others from Bisbee, Arizona.
- 1943 - World War II: Battle of Prokhorovka - German and Soviet forces engage in largest tank engagement of all time.
- 2006 - 2006 Lebanon War: Israeli troops invade Lebanon