Ethnopluralists assert the principle of "right to difference" and argue for regional ethnic or racial separatism (the plurality of ethno-identities). It is therefore multiculturalism in the sense of multiple cultures or ethnicities existing in a country, but seperated in their own enclaves, to safeguard those differences. It sharply differs to liberal multiculturalism in the sense it opposes intermarriage between different ethno-enclaves. Ethnopluralists argue that liberal multiculturalism is false, as it promotes a melting pot which leads to the disappeance of ethnicities, cultures or races through miscegenation and therefore is in fact monoculturalism. Most ethnopluralists are federalists, regionalists or communitarians believing that each ethno-enclave should be entitled to autonomy and their own laws.
List of Ethnopluralists
- Alain de Benoist and the Nouvelle Droite
- Henning Eichberg
- Greg Johnson
- Pierre Krebs
- John Morgan
- Tomislav Sunic
- Markus Willinger
- De Benoist, Alain. Beyond Human Rights: Defending Freedoms. London: Arktos, 2011.
- De Benoist, Alain. "On Identity." Telos, Vol. 2004, No. 128 (Summer 2004), pp. 9-64. Available online at: .
- De Benoist, Alain. The Problem of Democracy. London: Arktos, 2011.
- De Benoist, Alain. “What is Racism?” Telos, Vol. 1999, No. 114 (Winter 1999), pp. 11-48. .
- De Benoist, Alain & Champetier, Charles. Manifesto for a European Renaissance. London: Arktos, 2012. (First edition was known as "Manifesto of the French New Right in 2000")
- Eichberg, Henning. Nationale Identität: Entfremdung und nationale Frage in der Industriegesellschaft. München & Wien: Langen-Müller, 1978.
- Krebs, Pierre. Fighting for the Essence. London: Arktos Media, 2012.
- Sunic, Tomislav. Against Democracy and Equality: The European New Right. Third Edition. London: Arktos, 2010.
- Willinger, Markus. Generation Identity. London: Arktos, 2013.