|Metapedia Fundraiser 2018: The Internet is the foremost field in the metapolitical battle of our time. Help us hold down the front.|
Patrick Joseph Buchanan (born November 2, 1938) is an American politician, author, syndicated columnist, and broadcaster. He ran in the 2000 presidential election on the Reform Party ticket. He also sought the Republican presidential nomination in 1992 and 1996.
Buchanan was a senior advisor to three American presidents, Nixon, Ford and Reagan, and was an original host on CNN's Crossfire. He also co-founded The American Conservative magazine and launched The American Cause, a paleoconservative foundation. He has been published in many publications, including Human Events and National Review.
In January 2012, Buchanan was indefinitely suspended from MSNBC as contributor. The minority advocacy group Color of Change had urged MSNBC to fire him over alleged racist slurs. MSNBC permanently parted ways with Buchanan on February 16, 2012.
A 2017 article on Buchanan stated that "[E]ven if Trump delivers on the loftiest of his promises, Buchanan fears it will be too little, too late. Sweeping change was needed 25 years ago, he says, before thousands of factories vanished due to the North American Free Trade Agreement, before millions of illegal immigrants entered the country, before trillions of dollars were squandered on regime change and nation-building. He’s not unlike the countless Trump voters I met across the country in 2016, many of them older folks yearning for a return to the country of their youth, a place they remember as safer, whiter, more wholesome, more Christian, more confident and less polarized. The difference is that Buchanan refuses to indulge in the illusion that a return to this utopia of yesteryear is even possible. Economically and demographically and culturally, he believes, the damage is done. “We rolled the dice with the future of this country,” he tells me. “And I think it’s going to come up snake eyes.”"
- The New Majority: President Nixon at Mid-Passage (1973)
- Conservative Votes, Liberal Victories: Why the Right Has Failed (1975)
- Right from the Beginning (1988)
- The Great Betrayal: How American Sovereignty and Social Justice Are Being Sacrificed to the Gods of the Global Economy (1998)
- A Republic, Not an Empire: Reclaiming America's Destiny (1999)
- The Death of the West: How Dying Populations and Immigrant Invasions Imperil Our Country and Civilization (2002)
- Where the Right Went Wrong: How Neoconservatives Subverted the Reagan Revolution and Hijacked the Bush Presidency (2004)
- State of Emergency: The Third World Invasion and Conquest of America (2006)
- Day of Reckoning: How Hubris, Ideology, and Greed Are Tearing America Apart (2007)
- Churchill, Hitler, and The Unnecessary War: How Britain Lost Its Empire and the West Lost the World (2008)
- Suicide of a Superpower: Will America Survive to 2025? (2011)
- The Greatest Comeback: How Richard Nixon Rose from Defeat to Create the New Majority (2015)
- The American Cause
- Why They Hate Pat Buchanan
- Jews Oust Pat Buchanan from MSNBC at Zion Crime Factory
- Pat Buchanan: Even If Trump Wins, the West Is Doomed