1781 1782 1783 - 1784 - 1785 1786 1787
1750s 1760s 1770s - 1780s - 1790s 1800s 1810s
Events of 1784
- January 6 – The Turks agree to Russia's annexation of the Crimea in the Treaty of Constantinople.
- January 14 – The US Congress ratifies the Treaty of Paris with Great Britain to end the American Revolutionary War, with the signature of President of Congress Thomas Mifflin.
- February 27 – The Count of St. Germain dies of pneumonia in Schleswig-Holstein.
- February 28 – John Wesley charters the Methodist Church.
- June 4 – Elisabeth Thible is the first woman to ride in a balloon.
- August 15 – Cardinal de Rohan is called before the court to account for his actions in the Queen's Necklace Affair.
- August 16 – Britain creates the colony of New Brunswick.
- September 22 – Russia establishes a colony at Kodiak, Alaska.
- November 26 – The Roman Catholic Apostolic Prefecture of the United States is established.
- December 25 – The Methodist Episcopal Church, USA is officially formed at the so-called "Christmas Conference" led by Thomas Coke and Francis Asbury.