1760 1761 1762 1763 1764
1740s 1750s - 1760s - 1770s 1780s
The 1760s decade ran from January 1, 1760, to December 31, 1769.
Politics and wars
- The Seven Years' War (1756–1763) ended and France ceded Canada to Britain, yet criticism of the British government grew, led by the controversial figure of John Wilkes.
- French and Indian War (1754–1763)
- Unrest began to make itself felt in Britain's American colonies, with protests occurring over such legislation as the Stamp Act 1765.
Prominent political events
Science and Technology
- The development of the steam engine continued at pace.
- Emperor Qianlong (Ch'ien Lung) (China)
- King Frederick V (Denmark and Norway)
- King Christian VII (Denmark and Norway)
- King Louis XV (France)
- Mughal Empire
- Hyder Ali(Mysore)
- King Augustus III (Poland)
- King José I (Portugal)
- King Frederick II (Prussia)
- Maria Theresa of Austria, Holy Roman Empress, Queen of Bohemia and Hungary
- Czar Peter III (Russia)
- Czarina Catherine II (the Great) (Russia)
- King Carlos III (Spain)
- King Adolf Fredrik (Sweden)
- Sultan Mustafa III (Ottoman Empire)
- King George III (United Kingdom)