1749 1750 1751 - 1752 - 1753 1754 1755
1720s 1730s 1740s - 1750s - 1760s 1770s 1780s
Events of 1752
- January 1 – The British Empire adopts the Gregorian calendar (to take effect in September).
- February 11 – Pennsylvania Hospital, the first hospital in the U.S., is opened.
- March 23 – The Halifax Gazette, the first Canadian newspaper, is published.
- June 6 – Fire destroys 18,000 houses in Moscow.
- June 15 – Benjamin Franklin proves that lightning is electricity, using a kite and a key.
July - December
- September 1 - The Liberty Bell arrives in Philadelphia.
- September 3–September 13 inclusive - These dates are omitted from the calendar in Britain as part of the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in the British Empire, to correct the 11-day discrepancy between the Old Style and New Style dates.