1747 1748 1749 - 1750 - 1751 1752 1753
1720s 1730s 1740s - 1750s - 1760s 1770s 1780s
Events of 1750
- January – A fire in Istanbul destroys 10,000 homes.
- April – A second fire devastates Istanbul (see January). A third fire later in the year destroys a further 10,000 homes.
- April 4 – A small earthquake hits Warrington, England, Great Britain
- May – Riots break out in Paris, fueled by rumors of police abducting children.
- July – José I takes over the throne of Portugal from his deceased father, João V. King José Manuel appoints the Marquis of Pombal as his Chief Minister, who then strips the Inquisition of its power.
- July 9 – Traveller Jonas Hanway leaves St. Petersburg to return home via Germany and the Netherlands. Later the same year, Hanway reputedly becomes the first Englishman to use an umbrella (a French fashion).
- August 23 – A small earthquake hits Spalding, Lincolnshire, England.
- September 30 – A small earthquake hits Northampton, England.
- November 16 – Westminster Bridge is officially opened.