1746 1747 1748 - 1749 - 1750 1751 1752
1710s 1720s 1730s - 1740s - 1750s 1760s 1770s
Events of 1749
- January 3 – Benning Wentworth issues the first of the New Hampshire Grants, leading to the establishment of Vermont.
- April 27 – The first official performance of George Frideric Handel's Music for the Royal Fireworks finishes early due to the outbreak of fire.
- May 19 – King George II of Great Britain grants the Ohio Company a charter of land around the forks of the Ohio River.
- July 9 – The naval settlement of Halifax, Nova Scotia is founded as the British answer to Louisbourg.
- September 15 – According to mathematical calculations, Pluto moves outside Neptune's orbit to remain the outermost planet until 1979.