1742 1743 1744 - 1745 - 1746 1747 1748
1710s 1720s 1730s - 1740s - 1750s 1760s 1770s
Events of 1745
- May 11 – War of Austrian Succession: Battle of Fontenoy – French forces defeat an Anglo-Dutch-Hanoverian army including the Black Watch.
- June 4 – Frederick the Great destroys the Austrian army at the Battle of Hohenfriedberg.
- July 26 – The first recorded women's cricket match took place near Guildford, England
- August 19 – The '45 Jacobite Rising begins at Glenfinnan.
- September 12 – Francis I is elected Holy Roman Emperor with the support of his wife, Maria Theresia of Austria. He is the successor of Charles VII Albert of Bavaria, an enemy of Habsburg, who died on January 20 of this year.
- September 14 – Madame de Pompadour is officially presented in the court of Louis XV of France.
- September 21 – Battle of Prestonpans: British Government forces are defeated.
- December 4 – The Jacobite Army reaches Derby; two days later it begins retreat.
- December 19 The Jacobite army led by Bonnie Prince Charlie; on retreat from Derby, was defeated by the Duke of Cumberland at the Battle of Clifton Moor near Penrith, Cumberland. This was the last land battle ever to take place on English soil.
- December 25 – The Treaty of Dresden gives Prussia full possession of Silesia.
- December 28 – For 5 days, fire destroys buildings in Istanbul.