1740 1741 1742 - 1743 - 1744 1745 1746
1710s 1720s 1730s - 1740s - 1750s 1760s 1770s
Events of 1743
- February 14 – Henry Pelham becomes British Prime Minister.
- February 21 – George Frideric Handel's oratorio, Samson premieres in London .
- May 10 – In New France, Governor Jean-Baptiste Le Moyne de Bienville ends his final term (multiple times over 43 years) as Governor of colonial French Louisiana, which he helped colonize; he is succeeded by the Marquis de Vaudreuil (for the next 10 years) and returns to France.
- June 16 – Battle of Dettingen in Bavaria: King George II of Great Britain leads his own troops, the last British king to do so.
- August 7 – Russia and Sweden sign the Treaty of Åbo.
- September 11 – Natalia Lopukhina is flogged in front of the Twelve Collegia building in Saint Petersburg.
- September 13 – The Treaty of Worms is signed between Great Britain, Austria, and Sardinia.
- November 5 – Coordinated scientific observations of the transit of Mercury are organized by Joseph-Nicolas Delisle.