1738 1739 1740 - 1741 - 1742 1743 1744
1710s 1720s 1730s - 1740s - 1750s 1760s 1770s
Events of 1741
- April 10 – The Austrian army attacks troops of Frederick the Great at Mollwitz.
- April – The New York Slave Insurrection of 1741, a plot to torch New York City, is discovered.
- June 25 – Maria Theresa of Austria is crowned Queen Regnant of Hungary in Bratislava.
- July 15 – Alexei Chirikov sights land in Southeast Alaska. He sends some men aboard in a longboat, making them the first Europeans to visit Alaska.
- August 10 – Battle of Colachel: The Raja of Travancore defeats a Dutch East India Company naval expedition.
- December 6 – Elizabeth of Russia becomes czarina after a palace coup.
- December 19 – Vitus Bering dies in his expedition east of Siberia.
- December 25 – Anders Celsius develops his own thermometer scale, Centigrade the predecessor of the Celsius scale.