1732 1733 1734 - 1735 - 1736 1737 1738
1700s 1710s 1720s - 1730s - 1740s 1750s 1760s
Events of 1735
- January 8 – George Frideric Handel's opera Ariodante premieres at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden.
- April 13 – Emperor Sakuramachi accedes to the throne of Japan.
- April 16 – Alcina, George Frideric Handel's finest Italian opera, premieres at the Royal Opera House at Covent Garden, London.
- July 11 – Mathematical calculations suggest it was on this day that Pluto moved closer to the Sun than Neptune for the last time before 1979.
- August 4 – Freedom of the press: New York Weekly Journal writer John Peter Zenger is acquitted of seditious libel against the royal governor of New York, on the basis that what he published was true.
- October – War of the Polish Succession: A preliminary peace, ratified in 1738, is concluded.
- The Qianlong Emperor succeeds Yongzheng and begins a 60-year-long reign of the Qing Dynasty.
- Russo-Turkish War, 1735-1739: Russian forces fail to occupy the Crimea due to rasputitsa.
- The French make peace with the Austro-Hungarian Empire (until 1740).
- A shipbuilding industry begins in Mumbai.
- Carolus Linnaeus publishes his Systema Naturae.
- The reign of Emperor Nakamikado of Japan ends.
- George Hadley correctly explains global circulation for the first time.
- The King's Highway (Charleston to Boston) is completed.
- Etienne Fourmont writes Réflexions critiques sur les histoires des anciens peuples.
- Construction begins on the Chemin du roy between Quebec and Montreal.
- William Hogarth Publishes A Rake's Progress.
- Edmund Curll tries to publish Mr. Pope's Literary Correspondence, the stock of which is subsequently seized.
- Augusta, Georgia, is founded.