1730 1731 1732 1733 1734
1710s 1720s - 1730s - 1740s 1750s
The 1730s decade ran from January 1, 1730, to December 31, 1739.
Politics and wars
- The octant was invented (around 1730) independently by John Hadley in Great Britain and Thomas Godfrey in the American colonies.
Additional Significant world-wide events
- A Protestant religious movement, known as the Great Awakening, became active in the British colonies of North America.
- Louis XV King of France (king from 1715 to 1774)
- Charles VI, Holy Roman Emperor (1711–1740).
- Frederick William I of Prussia, king in Prussia
- Shahs of Persia (Safavid dynasty and Afsharid dynasty)
- Tahmasp II, 1723–1732
- Abbas III, 1732–1736
- Nadir Shah, 1736–1747 (Began the Afsharid dynasty)
- George II King of Great Britain (king from 1727 to 1760)
- Philip V King of Spain (king from 1700 to 1746)
- Bhonsle Dynasty of the Marathas