1724 1725 1726 - 1727 - 1728 1729 1730
1690s 1700s 1710s - 1720s - 1730s 1740s 1750s
Events of 1727
- June 11 – George, Prince of Wales becomes King George II of Great Britain.
- June 27 – Uxbridge, Massachusetts is incorporated as a town.
- August 30 – Anne, eldest daughter of King George II of Great Britain, is given the title Princess Royal.
- September 8 – A barn fire during a puppet show in the village of Burwell, Cambridgeshire, England, kills 78 people, many of whom are children.
- November 18 – An earthquake in Tazriz, Persia kills 77,000.
- 1727 to 1800 – Lt. Col. Francisco de Mello Palheta smuggles coffee seeds to Brazil in a bouquet, starting a coffee empire.
- The last execution for witchcraft is carried out in Scotland.
- The first Amish move to America.
- The Royal Bank of Scotland is founded by royal charter in Edinburgh.
- Catholic Charities is founded in New Orleans, USA, by the French Ursuline Sisters.
- Ursuline Academy is founded by the Sisters of the Order of Saint Ursula in New Orleans. Ursuline Academy enjoys the distinction of being both the oldest, continuously operating school for girls and the oldest Catholic school in the United States.