1723 1724 1725 - 1726 - 1727 1728 1729
1690s 1700s 1710s - 1720s - 1730s 1740s 1750s
Events of 1726
- April 15 – Isaac Newton tells William Stukeley the story of how he developed his theory of gravity.
- May 1 – Voltaire begins exile in England.
- July 11 – André-Hercule Cardinal de Fleury, recalled from exile by King Louis XV of France, banishes Louis Henri, Duc de Bourbon, and Madame de Prie from court.
- August 7 – Pirate Nicholas Brown captured near Xtabi, Jamaica
- The city of Montevideo is founded.
- The Supreme Privy Council is established in Imperial Russia.
- The Gujin tushu jicheng, an immense Chinese encyclopedia, is printed using copper-based movable type printing.
- The remaining ruins of Liverpool Castle are finally demolished.
- Muhammad bin Saud becomes head of the House of Saud.