1722 1723 1724 - 1725 - 1726 1727 1728
1690s 1700s 1710s - 1720s - 1730s 1740s 1750s
Events of 1725
- February 8 – Catherine I becomes Empress of Russia on the death of her husband, Peter the Great.
- February 20 – The first reported case of white men scalping American Indians takes place in New Hampshire colony.
- March 2 – In London, a night watchman finds a severed head by the Thames; it is later recognized to be that of the husband of Catherine Hayes. She and one accomplice are later executed.
- April 30 – Emperor Charles VI of Austria and King Philip V of Spain sign the Treaty of Vienna.
- May 21 – The Order of Alexander Nevsky is instituted in Russia by Empress Catherine I.
- May 24 – Jonathan Wild, fraudulent "Thief-Taker General", is hanged in Tyburn, England for actually aiding criminals.
- The Black Watch is founded in Scotland.
- A fire in Wapping, England destroys 70 houses.
- In Qing Dynasty China 66 copies of a 5,020 volume long encyclopedia, the Gujin Tushu Jicheng (Complete Collection of Illustrations and Writings from the Earliest to Current Times) are printed, necessitating the crafting of 250,000 movable type characters cast in bronze.